*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446385-Away-From-Home-Ep1Act-3-of-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Sci-fi · #1446385
the remaining part of this story
ACT 3

INT THE SHIP-LIVING QUARTERS
TONY and NATHAN are taking the three aliens to the spare rooms. The three aliens are each carrying several bags filled with personal possessions.

TONY
There’s a couple of rooms here not in use so they can be yours.

KARGEN
Thank you.

KARGEN heads into the room next to him and closes the door.

NATHAN (sarcastic)
Well he’s friendly.

INYRI
You will have to forgive Kargen. He isn’t very good with new people, never knows how to act around them.

TONY
As long as he don’t do anything stupid.

FURLIN
Oh you have to worry about that.

TONY points to another two doors.

TONY
Well these two and another one down at the end of the hall are the only other ones not in use, so you two can argue amongst yourselves about who gets what, I have to be somewhere else.

INYRI
Very well Captain, and thank you once again for taking us with you.

FURLIN
Yes is there anything we can do to repay you.

TONY
Finding someone that knows where Earth is will do.

TONY and NATHAN leave, going towards the ENGINE ROOM.

INT THE SHIP-ENGINE ROOM

SAM is filling the engine with the new fuel, next to her is several more containers filled with fuel. When the container is empty she tosses it away and looks at the fuel gauge, it is near full. TONY walks through the door.

TONY
How’s the new fuel? Do we know if its gonna work?

SAM
Well so far it hasn’t blown anything, but we won’t know if it’ll work until we start taking off.

TONY
How will we know if it don’t work.

SAM
We’ll know when we either get off the planet or crash back down to the ground.

TONY
Oh that’s comforting.

SAM
Sorry but that’s all I can do. We’re practically full so we can try it right now if you want.

TONY
I’ll tell Joanna.
SAM
I’ll be here.

TONY leaves the ENGINE ROOM, sam grabs the containers and stuffs them in a corner.

INT THE SHIP-COCKPIT

JOANNA is sitting on her chair with a drink in her hand, her feet are resting on the console in front of her. She takes a sip of her drink as TONY walks in.

JOANNA
We ready to leave yet?

TONY
Yeah, its just a question of ‘if’.

JOANNA
Well lets find out.

JOANNA takes another sip of her drink and gets her feet off the console and starts THE SHIP up. She grabs the double-joystick controls and pulls them back. THE SHIP lifts off the ground and moves upward towards the sky.

JOANNA (in triumph)
YYEAHOO!

When they get away from the RED PLANET’S atmosphere JOANNA slows THE SHIP down. TONY goes to the Comms.

TONY
We’re good everyone.

JOANNA turns to TONY.

JOANNA
So, which way?

TONY (shrugs)
Umm… I don’t know umm, you pick.

JOANNA
Ok I’ll try but remember this, if we go somewhere extremely bad and further from home its your fault.

TONY raises his hands.

TONY
I accept full responsibility for whatever happens

JOANNA (smiling)
Just so we’re clear.

TONY (smiling)
We are.

JOANNA thinks for a second before moving THE SHIP a 90° turn to the right and goes forward in full speed.

INT THE SHIP-KARGEN’S ROOM

KARGEN is sitting on his bed with one of the bags he was carrying, the other bags are around the floor unopened. He reaches in the bag and brings out a small circular metal object with a small hole in the middle. He waves his hand over the hole and a holographic screen appears above it. On the screen is a man similar to KARGEN.

MAN ON SCREEN
This is a message to anyone among you that wishes to be safe. There is a fugitive amongst you, this fugitive is worth a great deal. Bring him back to us if you want to gain riches. This fugitives name… is Kargen Mallis…

KARGEN waves his hand over the hole again, ending the message. He sighs as he puts the object back in the bag.

FADE TO BLACK.

END OF ACT 3

END CREDITS.

© Copyright 2008 F. Owens (angelus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1446385-Away-From-Home-Ep1Act-3-of-3