*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447277-American-Arcades
Rated: E · Poetry · Religious · #1447277
What is happening to our freedom and where does our freedom come from?
                    AMERICAN ACARDES

         White-robed freedom, autonomy deep,
         Falls o’re watchful fires a’weep
         Onto the lonely and ignorant.
         Our blinded mouths, an open lament,
         Yearn for its moist and tasteless promise,
         The nectar of the libertine goddess,
         And darkest color, imperial blue.
         It is unseen, unsoiled and true,
         Pushing you up as you grovel and bob,
         Pulling you down when kneeling to God.
         Ah yes, The Truth is our greatest prize,
         It must be oppressive to fall from the skies.
         And the skies, how the stretch and stretch
         Like a lie, and a spy whispering “freedom.”






This poem is about freedom and how it is a gift. More importantly, our freedom is a direct result of our Christian heritage, and this Christian heritage was the base upon which the founding fathers formed our country. However, due to various reasons, our freedom is constantly marginalized by the both extreme liberals and extreme conservatives. They are the blind mouths that preach intolerance on both sides. The academic community at large has subjugated freedom, and made it secular, personal, subjective. Moreover, our reactionary government tends to repress freedom, rather than protect it. Indeed, the more the government tries to protect our freedom, the more socialistic it becomes. In the end, don’t look to the heavens for freedom, because the government is spying on you. Freedom is internal, and a gift from God.
© Copyright 2008 Jason Andrew (jasonandrew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447277-American-Arcades