*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448396-Im-Gonna-Be-Famous-One-Day
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1448396
The beginning of a new story about a couple teenagers who will no doubt become famous
It all started when I was 14. I was sitting at my regular lunch spot on the front lawn of my high school. My sophomore year had barely started, October I believe. Nothing unbelievably exciting had happened but I was content with that. I enjoyed the frivolities of the year thus far. My classes were normal, life was pretty boring. I still found myself longing to have a social life but I'd lived without one for this long.
My best friend Sarah was sitting beside me, taking a bite of her peanut butter sandwich. She noticed I was watching her and smiled slightly. Sarah had long dark brown hair, a little lighter than mine. She was wearing it in a braid down her back. Braces were stuck on her teeth (that I had thought were straight before she got braces, I guess that's why I'm not an orthodonist).She had olive skin, I'd always assumed she was Italian or Greek or something but she was ordinary American, same as me. Her short finger nails were uncolored because she hated painting them but mine were a dark burgundy that was my favorite color for the day/week. I smiled back, my crooked teeth no doubt showing.
I took a sip of my Lipton Raspberry Green Tea (oh they're so addicting). Then I saw my friend Soren walk by. That was odd. He didn't usually eat lunch on front lawn whether it was on the other side of the bushes or not. He waved caually and I waved back. Soren was adorably cute with dyed blonde hair. It was almost the length of my hair, to his shoulders. A lot of my girl friends either liked him or found him amazingly attractive. Except Sarah. She sat and rolled her eyes at the other girls' frivolity.
That was when he walked by. Following in Soren's footsteps, though pretty far behind him, was the coolest looking boy I'd ever seen (at least in person). He was wearing a bright yellow hoodie that means I would've had to notice him eventually. But even though that yellow was my new color for the rest of the day, what made my hazel eyes look at him was his hair. It was straight out of an 80s hair metal band. The exact shade of brown as mine and curly like mine, but ten times better than mine. He had bangs unlike me and had beautiful tan skin unlike me and no doubt could do things I would never dream of doing.
He was walking nonchalantly, completely and utterly aloof to the rest of the world. His black bookbag was slung across his shoulder and he was staring at the ground. Then he threw his head back and his gorgeous hair moved from obscuring his face. Just as I suspected. A pure 80s pretty boy. Feminine nose, light green eyes, girly lips. If girls didn't have boobs, he could've passed for one.
"He's got really nice hair," I said to Sarah. She looked over to the boy who was walking.
"It is pretty nice," she responded and went back to her sandwich. She obviously didn't care.
That was when I decided to be assertive. This boy was Sebastian Bach pretty. I mean, I had to say something. "Hey! Dude!" I called. The pretty boy gazed over at me questioningly. "Your hair is awesome!" He smiled at me. His perfect lips slightly moved, almost like smiling was too uncool for him.
"I know!" he yelled back. He threw me a thumbs up. I couldn't tell much from his voice, just that it was fairly deep. He probably wasn't a freshman. For one he didn't sound like one and for another he was too old looking.
The beautiful boy didn't stay on my mind too long. I became focused on my Little Debbie Swiss Rolls and a conversation with Sarah about our drama class. I love acting. It's always been my calling. I've promised myself that I'll star in a movie one day. I just know that I can be famous and handle the life that goes along with it. Sarah aspires to direct films and music videos. We make a good match.
It was then that I realized I had forgotten to do my Spanish homework again. I'll just go ask Soren, I thought. He'll know even if he didn't do it. "Where are you going?" asked Sarah as I stood.
"I've gotta talk to Soren about Spanish." She nodded. I ran my hand through my curly dark brown hair and sighed. I walked down the sidewalk towards Soren. I licked my pouty lips. The pretty boy was with him.
The yellow hoodie was laying carelessly over his black bookbag that was leaning against the brick walls of the school. He was actually wearing a Metallica tshirt, one with the album cover of Master of Puppets. I liked him already. He slung his hair out his eyes and he saw me.
I went up to Soren. "What was the Spanish homework?" He told me and then smiled and gave me a hug. Another daring moment occurred. "You want a hug too?" I asked the pretty boy.
"No thanks," he shrugged. "I don't like hugs that much." I liked his voice. It was really deep and dark, the type of voice designed to sing rock n roll.
"I'll grow on you, one day you'll beg for my hugs." He smiled cockily, this time a real smile. He would. "What's your name?"
"James. What's yours?"
"Jenny. Nice to meet you."
© Copyright 2008 Michelle Rose (glam.hair89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448396-Im-Gonna-Be-Famous-One-Day