*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448819-Im-Gonna-Be-Famous-One-Day-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1448819
The second chapter (?)... hopefully getting better :)
The beautiful boy (who's name I simply couldn't remember because I'm terrible with names) didn't stay on my mind for too long. I saw him everyday walking down that long strip of sidewalk towards Soren's lunch group. His head was always bent, looking like he was staring at the ground, hair hiding him from view. His pretty face existed in my memory from that day I talked to him.
Then one day it rained. When it's wet outside, we eat in the hallways of our school. As Sarah and I occupied part of the hallway with our other friends, Soren was nowhere to be seen. But where Soren wasn't, the pretty boy was. His hair was wet, looking like he had gotten caught in the rainstorm outside, bangs matted to his forehead. His chocolate brown curls were dripping. Had he not seen the water coming from the sky? Or had he thought it would make him appear cool (as if he wasn't already)? He slung his head back and water went flying from his hair.
He looked clueless, seemingly searching for someone who wasn't there. Soren, he had no idea where Soren was and therefore he couldn't sit with him. As the pretty boy's green eyes scanned the hallway, they rested on me. He quickly gave me a bit of a smile and started walking over.
I looked at my peanut butter sandwich weirdly, almost scrutinizingly. I was wondering why he was coming over. I had only carried on a conversation with him once and yet, he was going to sit with me? I found that rather odd. But I would take that.
The pretty boy hurled his black bookbag to the floor and slid out of his soaked yellow hoodie. He got out his lunch and leaned against the wall, almost like he didn't want to be seen near us. I looked over at him. He was wearing a Guns N' Roses tshirt today. It didn't appear wet. He bit into his sandwich and stared down.
Sarah saw me watching him. "Oh there's that boy with the nice hair," she said to me. He looked up and over. I smiled at him. He really was cute. He went back to his sandwich.
For awhile lunch passed that way. Me watching the pretty boy eat in silence. Sarah and the others we ate with were busy goofing off, doing stupid stuff like always. I decided to get away from them. One because their stupidity was getting on my nerves and two because the pretty boy was alone. I rose and quietly went over to him.
"So you're the guy with the awesome hair," I said to him. He looked up startled. Then he went back to his sandwich and nodded.
"And you're the girl who thinks it's awesome," he replied slyly.
"Well what's up, Pretty Boy?" He raised his thick eyebrows.
"Not a lot, Jenny. What's up with you?" I paused. He actually remembered my name. I told him it once and he remembered! How can people do that?
"Nothing much. Nice shirt by the way." He nodded. "So you listen to 80s right?"
"Look at me. How can I not listen to 80s rock?" I smiled. He was totally right. "Do you?" he asked, genuinely curious.
"Yeah. I guess you could say I was born in the wrong decade."
"Well, you weren't named for Jimmy Page." I snickered.
"That's actually really... cool." He was cool. Everything about him practically oozed awesome.
"It helps that I happen to play guitar too." That's when it clicked. That's why he was so cool. He played guitar, electric by the looks of it.
"Are you any good?" I asked, hoping he would say he wasn't. he couldn't be as cool as I thought he was.
"I think I am. I do a lot of shredding though... and my guitar's gorgeous." Of course not, he was amazing at it. I bet he wrote songs and was in a band too.
"So... electric... that's really... cool," I said breathlessly. He knew I was impressed. "What's your guitar look like?"
"It's blue and black. I think it's really pretty." He carelessly moved a bit of his hair out his eyes. He used words like 'pretty'. He was adorable without even trying. It didn't help his case that he happened to look so innocent when you knew he wasn't. For all I knew he smoked and had a nasty habit of drinking vodka every Tuesday night. The bell rung. Damn, I cussed in my head.
The beautiful boy put his drenched hoodie on and slung his backpack across his shoulder. He said goodbye and started walking away. I hope he comes back...
© Copyright 2008 Michelle Rose (glam.hair89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448819-Im-Gonna-Be-Famous-One-Day-2