*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449279-You-Saved-Her-Life
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1449279
short piece about one person saving another and never giving up on them.
When you first looked into her eyes, you saw something no one else had ever seen. You saw sadness, anger, disbelief and doubt. You saw the eyes of someone who had given up. I'd hard to stand by and watch as a person slowly becomes empty, a shell of who they once were. It's hard to watch a person give up completely. You didn't want to see that happen, especially not to her. So you did the one thing you thought would save her. You reached out to her. You entered her world, the one that was quiet and empty of hope and happiness. She didn't want you there, but she didn't or wasn't going to put in the effort of getting rid of you, to her, it just wasn't worth it.

That day you reached out ot her, you saved her life, saved her heart, save her soul. You took the misery that had settled into her heart and got rid of it. You replaced with joy. You stood with her in the heavy darkness and showed her the glimmer of light that still resided within that darkness. You stayed with her, holding her handhand the whole time, while that heavy darkness turned into bright healing light.

You took her misery and turned it to joy. Turned it into smiles and laughter. You saved her life....
© Copyright 2008 Tallulah (twilightangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449279-You-Saved-Her-Life