*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449306-Desiree
Rated: 13+ · Other · None · #1449306
Contest entry. Information on my character Desiree Vollan.
Name: Desiree Vollan
Gender: female
Age:20
Physical Attributes
          Height:5'5"
          Hair (Color, length): brown; length: mid back
          Eyes:blue-green
          Complexion:pale
          Build:pleasantly plump
          Birthmarks, scars, or other unique identifiers: scar on left shoulder from           running into a tree during cross country in highschool
Clothing/Accessories: Dresses in t-shirts and shorts/jeans, always wears a small necklace with a heart pendant with a rose in its center. Hair is either in a loose ponytail or in a messy bun.
Mannerisms/Quirks/Behaviors/Attitudes: gets very hyper and bounces when she is happy
Occupation : college student/part time babysitter
Background: As a young child she was forced to believe that those around her did not care or want her. With a father than ran out on her and a mother whose in jail for drugs, she was left with no one to care for but her grandmother. Her grandmother tried to be a positive influence, but everything she does just managed to push Desiree away from her until Desiree ran away and got married to this boy she was currently seeing.
Education: currently going to college to become a 1st grade teacher
Hobbies: reading, drawing, hanging out with her husband/friends and partying
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desiree Vollan


Desiree Vollan is a 20 year old who thinks she has her whole life planned out for.She's a young Puerto rican women, with curly chocolate brown hair, light blue green eyes, and a slightly plump but healthy and beautiful body. While in the past if she had made better decisions, she may hae been living life in a more relaxed fashion, but since she took the rocky road to independence early sh is forced to live a life where she must balance school, working as a part time babysitter, and providing for her and her fiancee, trying to pay rent for their apartment and still have money left over to eat, all while pretending they aren't nearly as broke as they actually are.

She plans to finish college, quit her low paying job as a part time babysitter and get her dream job of a 1st grade teacher at a private school that pays well. She's alone in this world with no one to depend on except her fiancee because of her own stupidity and hard-headedness.

When she was younger she was abondoned by her father and her mother was put in jail for drug use. That left poor, young Desiree wit no one but her grandmother. She was confused, hurt and deeply depressed by this new found loneliness. As she got older and older, her thoughts grew darker and darker. Her grandmother always tried to be a positive inflluence and do what she believed was right for Desiree. Desiree, sick and tired of her home life,runs away to live with her boyfriend, Andrew, with whom she soon after gets engaged to.

Now Desiree is living a tough life struggling to be a college student while balancing school, work, and her job as a babysitter while living in a small apartment, she can barely afford, with her fiancee, trying not to worry about being evicted. She  struggles to pay the rent and if she does manage to pay, then there is barely enough money to buy food.

She is forced to live a life where no one will help her because no one can help her, because anyone that ever cared about her, she left behind and anyone who cares about her now, she just won't accept their help.
© Copyright 2008 Tallulah (twilightangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449306-Desiree