*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449665-Little-Pieces
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1449665
A blog I wrote on MySpace
I'm not a particularly religious person, more spiritual. I believe in God and angels and that there is a "higher power".

At one point in my life I was beyond naive when it came to people. I am still naive to a point, but I guess with age came wisdom.

This sounds ultra, ultra corny, but I truly believe we come in contact with certain people for a reason. What's the reason? That's what I like to try to put my finger on...

Maybe certain people come into our lives to teach us something either about ourselves or something else. Others may be in our lives to brighten our days. And some may be in our lives to make us appreciate the ones that brighten our lives even more.

I've met a lot of people and I like to try to find the good in everyone. Sometimes it's right there in front of me, other times I really have to dig to find the good qualities.

I'd like to think that when people meet me they see a nice "open" person. I'd like to think they are comfortable talking to me; and maybe even have some fun. I'd hate to be someone other people don't want anything to do with; this type of person to me is "closed".

To me, a "closed" person is someone who reeks negativity. Someone who is not easy to be around; you're uncomfortable in their presence. This person is not open to new friendships or experiences; they want everything to stay the same. These people have an angry air about them that's easy to see.

I'm not saying it's bad to be "closed", it's just difficult to get close to these people. They keep you at arms length. My guess is they're afraid of getting hurt. But, like I always say, everyone has a story...everyone has a reason they are who they are.

I believe I am who I am because of my childhood and certain experiences from my past. I could've easily ended up on drugs or an alcoholic or God knows what, but I didn't.

Little pieces of me were left unharmed by my past. Little pieces of me struggle to put the past behind me. Little pieces of me want nothing more than to be happy. Little pieces of me held on to the hope that there really was more to me than the "nothing" I was told I was. Little pieces of me shine through and I am so much more than nothing. In fact truth be told, once you meet me you soon find out that I'm REALLY SOMETHING.
© Copyright 2008 Leenie Smiles (leeniesmiles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449665-Little-Pieces