*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449761-Power
by Dove
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1449761
Power, like nothing he had ever felt before.
          Power, like nothing he had ever felt before.

          Unimaginable power, and it was all his. The goblins were everywhere in the dark rancid cave, but so was he. The power shot at them, tearing them apart. Not even ash remained.

          He then turned around to face his three companions who had been with him from the beginning of their hopeless journey, back when such a thing as power didn’t exist. They were staring at him with fear and horror written all over their faces. He was confused. Why were they scared?

          He reached out to them. Their reaction was to flinch back. His confusion turned to anger. It boiled inside of him. How dare they be scared of him! He had just saved their lives! His anger mixed with the power. The fusion was all too much to keep in. With one piercing shriek he released it onto his companions, his closest friends. And they died. Everything died. The world turned into a barren wasteland. Nothing was left, except for him. And the power. And his need for the power. Power......

Please rate and review! Thank you for reading! :)
© Copyright 2008 Dove (725_amr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1449761-Power