*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451972-The-Story-of-a-Girl
Rated: E · Prose · Romance/Love · #1451972
A look into myself, the way I live, and the way I love.
This is the story of a girl who looks better from behind.

All her life, she’s had people turn their backs on her. She’s been hurt, had her heart torn out and broken. She’s been dismissed, neglected, and abandoned. Searching for love, striking out again and again and again, wanting someone to love her – and failing.

Failure is something she’s good at. And each time she fails she collects the fragments of her heart from the floor, puts the pieces back together the best she can, and offers it anew. Repeatedly. So vulnerable. But she likes it that way. She’s a romantic (one of the hopeless ones) that still somehow believes that fairy tales can come true. She’d like to believe that somewhere there is someone who will take her as she is – without the need for change.

But you remember, of course, that she is a girl who looks better from behind.

Each time someone turns away from her, each time they walk out, they sneak a glance – a glance at her small, sunken figure turning around and retreating into her disintegrating self-made world. In that glance, they see something they could never see before, never when she was looking at them with those trusting eyes with her hands outstretched offering her heart. No. They see beauty. Beauty that lasts only a wink, before they too turn around and return to their own world where she doesn’t belong.

Because she looks better from behind.
© Copyright 2008 Aoibheann P. Florry (angela_isfj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451972-The-Story-of-a-Girl