*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452644-Yohanna-and-Alex-Chapter-2-part-two
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1452644
Bruce telling Yohanna what happened when she was gone but he'll be the one surprised.

                                        The Beach Party




      “Here thought you might need this,” I heard the voice and didn’t even turn I didn’t want to see him even though Bruce hadn’t said anything I sort of knew what everything was about.
      “Thanks a lot thief,” the words came out of my mouth before I knew them, I ran and Bruce went after me.
      “Wait!” he yelled “its okay let me tell you,” he continued. As much as I wanted to run I couldn’t, I wanted to hear the story first. I sat in the shore letting the water hit my legs and thighs, I could feel the water and got happy all over, I loved the water there was no way I could be sad here.
      “Hey” he said “you run pretty fast, aren’t you cold? You’re half naked, you know you are about the only girl that I know that doesn’t turn me on like that,” he looked away
      “Okay that was unnecessary,” I said “whose jacket is that?” I asked.
      “You know who it belongs to, don’t act dumb with me and don’t try to lie to me either, even though I know how you feel it is weird, I thought you had a crush on Eric?” he said.
      “Too many questions, why don’t we start with the story first,” I suggested.
      “Okay,” he started “well first of all Lucy never like him, he was just a stranger to her, she was waiting for your arrival but you never came back, this was last summer somewhere around this time. We were all talking to Alex except for her, she wouldn’t speak to him, he was doing everything you would do if you were here, and Lucy hated this she wanted so bad to talk to you. Then you called and gave us the news that you weren’t going to be here that summer. Lucy became silent and for a while a month or so,” he stopped to look at me.
      “It must have been hard for her,” I said “I wanted to come so bad but I couldn’t, and I felt so bad when...my stay with my parents was for nothing” I stopped before I said something more, I wasn’t suppose to say, not that I wasn’t suppose to, it wasn’t something I wanted to talk about, it was something I hadn’t even told Lucy it would seem bad to tell Bruce. Bruce felt my silence and kept talking.
      “Yeah it was hard for her, and then he started talking to her she would never respond still thinking it would be wrong since he was taking your house your space in between all of us. She watched all of us talking to him becoming the same friends that we were to you. She was mad at first but she started giving in…” I stopped listening to him for a while and thought back to what Lucy had told me "Lana wanted to talk to him, and since you weren’t here he kind of took you place in school" she was lying she lied to me, how could she? "I never said I gave in did I? You know I would never do that to you, so my point was", she had changed to another subject, so I wouldn’t notice, I was mad tears were running down my cheek, I tried to stop sobbing but couldn’t it was impossible.
“…she talked to him more everyday and he sort of started liking her but she didn’t pay any attention to that she liked him like a friend, she wanted him to be you” he paused and looked at me again and  kept talking “so they kept talking and then she liked him more than just a friend she…well liked him already” he sighed “look I am sorry I didn’t want to tell you this is just so frustrating that I had to be the one to tell you all of that” he watched me and I looked at his eyes, he knew me better than anyone now, better than Lucy.
      “I already knew you would like him you know,” he looked at me and I stared back “what? I am right and you know that… you probably love him or something he said.”
      “Yeah sure whatever, I hate him more than ever he is taking everything that I have left,” I shivered in the cold, and Bruce put the jacket over me, I just let it fall in the sand and cried again as I felt the burning in my skin. I couldn’t believe how deep in I was now, I believed Bruce I probably did like the guy, Alex, I thought. I should have stayed in California.
      “What did you mean when you said that you had stayed for nothing last summer?” Bruce asked curious. I couldn’t lie to him now we were closer now.
      “Well it’s a long story…,” I started “but I guess we have time” I looked at the sky and then back down at the sea “my parents were getting in many fights ever since I was nine or eight, that’s when I started coming to aunt Clara she is my moms sister and my only support, she took me in all these summers when I couldn’t take my parents fighting every time I did something they would get in a fight. I felt bad so I started running away and coming here it was the best place on earth,” I paused and looked at Bruce and watched him stare back at me “so I came here, last summer was different, they didn’t even sleep in the same bed anymore and I tried to get family nights with both of them in the same place so they could bond, but they didn’t even talk. I was mad at them for every fight they made me watch I was old enough now to know what happened back then when I was nine I still didn’t get it, but last year I was old enough and I was angry. They didn’t care about me they only thought about their important jobs and money.
    “I was mad at them I didn’t want to hear them yelling so I ran off I didn’t want then to know so I didn’t get my car I just ran out and kept running. They didn’t even notice me gone they just kept yelling, I kept running as if that could stop them. When I noticed that I wasn’t alone in the street I was scared there were silhouettes in the shadows of the street light and they looked big not a girls figure not even a boys, they were men older than me and way bigger, I tried to run faster but couldn’t…” I stopped talking and sobbed on Bruce’s shirt and he held me tight like if he felt my pain.
    “hush honey its okay its going to be okay don’t think about it, I am sorry I made you talk about it,” he said, I could feel his tears on my face now “do you know who they were?” he asked.
    “I could probably recognize them if they came around me again, but I have no one to talk to about it, my parents pretend that it never happened, aunt Clara doesn’t know and well other than that anyone else will never find out ” I said.
      “Okay you don’t have to continue just lay down for a while,” he told me.
      “No! I yelled, but they wouldn’t listen Bruce they wouldn’t and they started ripping my shirt apart all of them not just one, all of them.” I cried even louder I was sure anyone could hear me but no one would come they knew I was with Bruce and that he was probably telling what had happened when I was gone. Such cowards I thought, Eric didn’t even mention anything, I was mad at all of them. I kept telling him torturing him with my thoughts “they wouldn’t let me go and they did it Bruce, and not one of my parents were there to save me, no one to stop them, they raped me.” I cried even louder “my parents stopped fighting when I was in the hospital, and I kept getting hurt just for them so they wouldn’t fight, I woke up in the hospital at least once a week. I pretended to be asleep and they were quiet trying not to wake me up. It was the only time they would be quiet, when I was hurt. So I just kept hurting myself, I would jump of a high enough building hoping to only brake a bone I was just not putting my life in danger now but someone else’s too. Someone who didn’t have any fault in this but still I hated her I hated her with all my heart and there was nothing I could do about it.”
      I stopped talking I didn’t want to tell Bruce the rest it was enough that he had heard what I had said. I just sobbed and cried all over again like that February when I found out about the one little girl that I tried to hurt.
    “Like I said it was for nothing they are yelling louder now, that’s why I came back to Michigan I needed to get away,” I was on his lap sitting there just crying and sobbing, Bruce held me tight and didn’t let go. I saw a figure and knew fast who it was it was the same shadow that I had seen earlier over me when I was changing my doorknob.
    “How long have you been here?” I asked.
    “Not long, just got here,” his voice was shaking and I knew he heard part of it maybe just the end because he didn’t look too startled like Bruce.
    “Go away!” Bruce yelled at him.
    I was still shaking and I felt a protective shield with Bruce there he was like my big brother.
    “Everyone is gone and it’s two already,” Alex replied.
    “Oh,” was all I could manage I was mad at him he had taken by best friend and I was mad at that.
    “We’ll be there I will wait until she is alright okay? Wait by her car we will be there.” Bruce replied slowly, I could feel his anger too, he was as mad as I was. I hadn’t noticed I was shivering, but not because I was cold but because my cry hadn’t stopped I was crying louder each time. I was glad though I felt relieved that I had told someone, someone I trusted someone who wouldn’t hurt me, my big brother Bruce.
    “Need help?” Alex asked I laughed loudly at this it was the second time he had offered his help to me. Bruce just stared at me as if I was now delusional so I talked again.
    “I’m okay, it was just funny… never mind take me home Bruce.”
                                                               
                                        ♦


  [hope you liked it, I'll post the third part to this chapter later today or tomorrow]
© Copyright 2008 Martha Salas (lovelivelaugh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452644-Yohanna-and-Alex-Chapter-2-part-two