*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453730-Circles-of-Gold
by RJ
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1453730
Two girls try to answer the age old question of which is better, popularity or friendship.
*Cheeriislifee*: hey jenny!
*Cheeriislifee*: jenny! HELLO!!!!
*Cheeriislifee*: jenny I no ur there cuz marching band gets out at 5:30 and u alwayz get on when u get home
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: okay Hannah what do you want?
*Cheeriislifee*: 2 say I m sry 4 runnin out on u during lunch.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: sure whatever it’s fine.
*Cheeriislifee*: I had 2 go ask my coach if we r cheering at the game on sat.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: oh yeah, sure
*Cheeriislifee*: wat is that supposed 2 mean?
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: yeah u leaving at lunch had nothing to do with Sara and the rest of the squad coming over.
*Cheeriislifee*: jenny you are making no sense at all!!!!!!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: why don’t you just say it!
*Cheeriislifee*: ok jenny wat is it that I m supposed to say
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: u don’t want Sara and them to see u with me!
*Cheeriislifee*: WHAT?!?!? where did that come from?!?!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: ummm… every time they walk by you practically run away! And oh yeah that one time you ducked and practically fell out of your chair! That was real smooth.
*Cheeriislifee*: omg jenny that had nothing’ 2 do with u
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: right if it had nothing to do with me than what does it have to do with?
*Cheeriislifee*: ok no offence but it’s ur marching band friends
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: what’s wrong with them, exactly?!
*Cheeriislifee*: they r just a little bit uhhh… out there
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: so what if they are weird, different or whatever, u still like them! I can tell, I see u laugh a million more times when u sit with us than when u sit with Sara and the rest of them.
*Cheeriislifee*: so wat? do u no wat Sara and her friends will think if they c me with them?
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: that u r eating lunch with ur friends, besides who cares what they think!
*Cheeriislifee*: if Sara thinks I m a dork the whole squad will laugh at me until I graduate!!!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: it’s only like one more year, it won’t be that bad
*Cheeriislifee*: u have never been on the bad side of Sara before.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: then y don’t u just quit cheerleading? U could always come back to band.
*Cheeriislifee*: I could NEVER quit cheerleading!!!! And we don’t talk about the “b” word anymore remember!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: so if u won’t sit with me would it b cool if I sat with u and ur friends at lunch?
*Cheeriislifee*: I don’t think u would like it.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: y?
*Cheeriislifee*: I don‘t think you‘ll like them.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: o I get it, u don’t want them 2 no ur friends with me either.
*Cheeriislifee*: omg jenny no, I didn’t mean it lyk that. Its just u wouldn’t really fit in.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: oooh so if I wore Hollister and eyeliner and straightened my hair everyday then I could sit with your friends.
*Cheeriislifee*: OMG u think ur better then me and my friends because ur “above” all of that stuff!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: cuz maybe I AM better to not care so much what people think, to be smart and be who I am. Instead of acting like everyone else to “fit in”
*Cheeriislifee*: well “fitting in” isn’t something u know a lot bout Jen.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: and being smart isn’t something u no a lot about “Han”
*Cheeriislifee*: OMG wat is ur problem?
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX:  yeah that’s all u can say “Ehmigawd like wat is like your problem like ehmigawd!”
*Cheeriislifee*: well at least I m not a little dork marching around all day in a nerdy uniform with my beloved tuba, studying all the time and earning my little Girl Scout Badges.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: ok it’s a saxophone, Mozart! And you’re just jealous cause I make good grades.
*Cheeriislifee*: ur just jealous cuz I m popular.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: I have REAL friends.
*Cheeriislifee*:  awww do you guys sit around and share you feelings?
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: at least my friends don’t go around getting drunk all the time!
*Cheeriislifee*: oh no! r u getting mad, I hope u don’t write an angry poem about me!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: I thought u were my friend! Remember back when we were Daisies?
*Cheeriislifee*: awwwh r u sad, please don’t go cut yourself… again. And you know I never liked Girl Scouts. 
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: whatever and you, please try not to OD at the next big pharm party.
*Cheeriislifee*: OMG I can’t stand you!
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX: good don’t come sit at my table anymore, go sit with your fake friends. I hope u are happy, never mind I bet u got pills to take care of that.
XxAnGeLofCoNfEsSiOnxX has signed out
*Cheeriislifee*: I never want to talk to you EVER AGAIN!
*Cheeriislifee*: EVER EVER EVER…
*Cheeriislifee*: AGAIN!!!!!
*Cheeriislifee* has signed out


*Cheeriislifee*: Hey Jenny I’ve been thinking a lot about yesterday and I am really sorry about what I’ve said. I really hope we can still be friends, so can you please call me when you get this, we need to talk. I don’t care about cheerleading or popularity or Sara anymore. You’ve been there for me a million times and  I really don’t want you out of my life. Just please call me when you get this, okay.

© Copyright 2008 RJ (racheljo45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453730-Circles-of-Gold