*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1454656-Just-a-Drop-Pt2
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1454656
I couldn't fit all the chapters into 1 file, so here's the other chapters
Ch. 6- Loose Lips Sink Ships


Aiden unlocked his front door, “It’s not much, and it’s probably a mess, but for now its home.” Jade followed closely behind, taking in all the sights, and memorizing every aspect of the rooms.

After she was absolutely sure she had memorized everything, she let out a yawn. Then she walked up to Aiden and hugged him tightly, “I’m sleepy.”

“I figured as much, it’s nearly three in the morning,” he led her to his bedroom. “I’m sorry I don’t have anything for you to sleep in, t-shirt okay?”

“Turn around and you’ll find out,” as he did she stepped into his room and closed the door behind her.

“Hey! This is my room!” Aiden pouted and leaned against the door. Jade took off all her clothes except her undershirt and boxers.

She opened the door and Aiden almost fell on her, “the-Hey!”

“Sorry,” he stood up straight and walked in. Jade walked over and sat on the edge of his bed. Aiden cleared his throat. “Do you mind?”

“Not at all,” she lay across the bed and covered her eyes. “Better?”

“Yes,” Aiden had his shirt off and had begun to take off his pants when he felt a pair of eyes on him. He shook his head and laughed slightly, “all the way Jade.”

Jade squirmed a little, “Dammit.” Aiden laughed more and quickly finished getting dressed. When he was finished he sat beside her and put her head in his lap/

Carefully he moved her hair out of her face and said mockingly. “Just ask next time, okay?”

Jade rolled her eyes, “I swear I’ve heard that somewhere.” Aiden laughed and kissed her forehead then her cheek. She nibbled on his ear and played with his hair; she sat up and sat in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed trails up and down her neck.

She pushed Aiden over on his back and kissed his lips softly. Then just as suddenly as she started it, she stopped and rolled off him, “no.”

Aiden looked confused, “you started it.”

“And now it’s done.”

He pulled her close, “you can’t just stop and go like that, it’s unfair.”

“I know; I’m sorry. I just don’t want to hurt you; and trust me, I was about to.”

“How could someone as sweet and beautiful as you ever hurt me?” He kissed her cheek.

“Oh, I could,” she looked up at him, her eyes went from hazel to completely golden with her where the gold used to be in an instant, and glowed with an inhuman light

Aiden didn’t seem to notice the change. “How?”

Jade smiled, showing her elongated canines, noticing her smile was different than usual she quickly stopped and bit her bottom lip. “Can I trust you with something?”

“Anything…”

“What about my life?” Jade bit harder on her lip.

Aiden remained confused, “if you so choose it.”

“Then,” she looked him in the eyes, “I want to show you something.” He smiled again, this time showing her fangs to Aiden.

He looked horrified. “What…the hell are those?” Jade stopped smiling instantly, realizing she’d gone too far. Aiden pushed away from her.

Jade sat up, prepared to tell him anything he wanted to hear, “listen, I know this’ll sound a little strange, but at this very moment I hand you my life. Because Aiden…I’m a vampire.”

“You trust me with this?” He shook his head, I guess this makes sense, no ‘normal’ girl could ever love me.”

“How does that make sense? Hun that makes you a freak,” Jade laughed.

“Oh, ha-ha.” He looked at her and relaxed slightly. “How many people know?”

Jade answered quickly, “eight. Including my sister, oh wait! I forgot about Adee and Taylor.”

“And you trust these people?”

“With all my black, little heart,” she smiled, “to quote Lestat.”

“I still don’t understand. How did this happen to you.”

“I’d love to tell you a story of me choosing to be this way, but sadly, it isn’t so.”

“Where you born this way?” Aiden scooted slightly closer to her.

“No, I was attacked by my mother’s boyfriend, Anthony.” She looked at him, took his hand, and continued the story. “He killed my mother, and then came for my sister and me to make sure we wouldn’t tell anyone. Then stuck around for two or three, and one day he was gone.”

“Gone? He wouldn’t do that to you then just leave.”

“Oh, I know exactly where he is, and no human will ever find him,” she looked at the ceiling, “and he won’t be back.”

“Why?”

Jade put her free hand on the back of her neck and looked down, “because I killed him.”

Aiden stared at her in disbelief. “you did what?”

“It was kill or be killed, he’d had his fun with Christine and me; he was done.”

Like he’d completely forgotten the fact she’d killed someone, Aiden brought up a new subject. “what about Alex, Jessie, Gabby, Dylan, Adee, and Taylor?”

Oh, God.” She looked up, “they’re not human either.”

“Then they’re vampires too?”

“Umm…no, just not human.”

“And why do they have the same names as-Oh!” Aiden’s expression changed as he realized the link between the wolves and the people.

“No…no they aren’t.”

“Oh, but they are,” he smiled. “Aren’t they?”

Jade sighed, “they’re werewolves, Gabby’s an angel, Taylor’s a warlock, and Adee’s an Indigo Child.”

“Indi-what?” He looked confused.

“Basically, she the vampire’s perfect donor.”

Aiden pulled Jade into his lap again, trusting she wouldn’t bite him. “So, the wolf I saw in the park?”

“Alex, being ever watchful.”

“what about Dylan? Alex is with Jessie, but whose he with?”

“Oh, he’s with Gabby,” she laughed. “Although even Gabby sometimes wishes he was gay, maybe then we’d get a straight answer from him that didn’t include sex, boobs, or anything to its likeness.”

Aiden laughed and pulled her closer. Then he nuzzled again her neck, “what was done to you wasn’t fair.”

Jade had a pained look on her face, “what I’m doing to you isn’t fair.”

“What do you mean?”

“I marked you, that’s why you can’t leave me alone.”

“How’d you ‘mark’ me?”

“It’s hard to explain,” she entwined her fingers with his on both hand, not sure if she would ever get to do it again, “but you’ll never love another woman as you love me now. As hard as you might try, you can’t leave me alone; you’re kinda trapped now.”

“Will be?” He kissed her neck. “Who said I was going anywhere?”

Jade squeezed his hands slightly, relieved, “after I told you, I thought you’d want to leave me.”

Aiden rubbed his thumb against the top of her hand, “no.” He shook his head, “I’m actually glad I understand why from the moment I met you I’ve loved you unconditionally.”

“Well, it’s happened before.”

“Who?”

“Adee, she was my donor when I changed, and for almost six years, the love of my life; the she found out about my mark on her, and begged me to remove it. When I explained that I couldn’t she did things deliberately just to hurt me.”

“So, what you did to me is permanent?”

Jade began to cry, “it never fades, for you or for her. I can easily remove a mark on myself, I just don’t, so I carry her burden as she does mine.”

“But a few hours ago you were talking like best friends,” Aiden kissed away her tears, “please don’t cry anymore Jade; I’m sorry.” He hugged her tightly and rocked her back and forth, “I didn’t know I was gonna hurt you. I want to make you feel better, how do I do that?”

“Talk about something else,” she rested her head on his shoulder.

Aiden moved her hair out of her face and looked up searching for a question. “Why don’t you have a TV?”

Her tears disappeared and she began to laugh, “curtsey of Dylan in ‘fluffy-pup’ form.” Jade laughed louder, “I never watched it anyway. The only place I ever watched TV was at my dad’s.”

“Where’s he?”

“Around here somewhere, I could never tolerate seeing him after Anthony changed me.”

“Why not?” Aiden smiled, “you seem to hide the fact that you’re a vampire pretty well. I mean, hell you fooled me.”

“Not in the beginning, it was living hell,” she smiled and kissed him, “then again, I thought everything was until I met you.”

Aiden smiled and blushed slightly, “So, how old were you?”

“Fifteen, he changed me almost four years ago.”

“So, you’re eighteen?”

She blushed, “yes, and you?”

“Twenty-one,” Aiden laid down and pulled Jade down beside him, “you don’t look it.”

Jade cuddled up next to him, “well, you don’t look twenty-one.” Her eyes widened as she looked at him, “I can’t believe I didn’t recognize you before.”

“What do you mean?” Aiden looked down at her.

“Thursday…every Thursday actually, you and your friends come to the restaurant I work at.”

“I can’t believe it took you that long,” he smiled, “you’re the bartender. I wouldn’t feel bad, I didn’t recognize you until we ran into each other again yesterday.”

Jade smiled wickedly, “oh, I don’t.”

“Maybe I’ll sleep on the couch then,” he sat up and got all the way to the edge of the bed before Jade grabbed him and pulled him back to her.

“No,” she cuddled close again, “never.”

“Oh, alright then,” he kissed her forehead, “but we really should get some sleep.”

“One thing first, I trust you Aiden. Even if you decide you never want to see you again you can never tell anyone what I told you tonight. EVER!”

Aiden yawned, “deal.” Pulling Jade as close as she could get to him, they quickly fell asleep in each others arms.


Ch. 7-One Order of Strange Hide and Go Seek With a Side of Eviction


Jade woke up, climbed out of his bed, and walked sleepily into the bathroom. She stood in the front of the mirror and attempted to fix her hair where it stuck up, and wondering how the myth came to be that vampires couldn’t see themselves in mirrors. Her mind wondered to other myths as well, “Garlic?” she muttered to herself, “I’m part Italian.” Then she laughed as a vision of Bunnicula being attacked by Chester, the vampire-hunting cat, with a frozen steak; to a cat it could easily be confused with a stake.

“Why did you wake me?” Aiden rolled over and watched Jade fidget with her hair in the mirror from the bed.

“I was gonna; we need to head back to my place before they send out the search party. They’ll be there at sundown.” Jade heard him fumbling around in his room.

He opened a door, “Alright. Oh, shit!”

She gave up on her hair ad walked out of the bathroom, “What?”

“It’s getting close to sundown now.” Aiden had the balcony doors open and was standing out there, looking down at the city.

Jade slipped her shoes on and clothes, and walked out. She wrapped her arms around his waist and whispered in his ear, “Wanna see something cool?”

“Sure. What?” He looked at her curiously. Jade smiled, kissed him lightly, and then jumped of the side of the balcony. Four stories below him, she landed gracefully on her feet. Aiden screamed “Jade! Oh my God!”

She smiled up at him and said, “I’m alright, I don’t understand why you freaked out.” Aiden ran into his room, and down three flights of stairs. When he got outside Jade was leaning against the wall, “Let’s go,” she started walking. Aiden caught up with her and grabbed her hand; they walked hand in hand and smiling until they reached Jade’s apartment. At her door, Jade tried to unlock it but it was already unlocked. Jade pressed her hand against Aiden’s chest, “stay here,” then she quietly opened the door. A few minutes later Aiden heard some bangs, crashes, and squeals. “It’s just Alex and Taylor,” Jade squeaked excitedly.

“Who’s Taylor?” Aiden poked his head through the door.

Taylor still had his arms wrapped tightly around Jade and was squeezing her, “You brought a boy with you?” He looked hurt and didn’t hold onto her quite as tightly.

“Umm…” She wheezed, “Yeah.” Taylor sat her lightly back on the floor; Jade hadn’t even noticed she was in the air. “His name’s Aiden,” as she said this Aiden walked in and stood behind Jade, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Dylan kicked the door open and closed it behind him, “here’s some food! I ATTEMPTED to raid your fridge, and guess what?!”

Jade blinked and grabbed the two bags in his arms, “What?”

“You didn’t have SHIT!”

“I don’t eat!”

“How was your patrol?” Aiden interrupted before a fight started.

Jade glared at Aiden, the looked at Jessica, then Dylan, and Alexzandra, “I told Aiden about how you guys were rangers.”

“Yeah,” Dylan laughed, “fuckin’ fuzzy-,” he stopped, “He knows doesn’t he?” He sighed.

“As of last night? Yeah.” She kicked Aiden playfully and said under her breath, “You weren’t supposed to tell them you knew.”

“How ‘bout you? Ya mosquito DIKE!” Taylor smiled warmly at her.

“’Scuse me?” Aiden looked highly offended and used Jade’s body to hold himself back.

Jade laughed, “Inside joke; chill, Baby.” She looked ay Aiden, and then to Taylor, “Yes, he knows.”

Aiden sat down in the couch and pulled Jade into his lap, Alexzandra followed and sat in the other seat, Jessica sat in the rocking chair beside the couch, Dylan and Gabriella sat on the floor, and Taylor leaned against the wall opposite the couch, where a television once sat. “So,” Jade broke the silence, “I was thinking of seeing Christine in the near future.”

“Tell her I need those books,” Alexzandra said.

“M’kay. So should I bring Aiden or just-” she was interrupted by her phone ringing. “Hello?”

“Where have you been? I’ve been trying to reach you for days.”

“Sorry, Sissy. I’ve been so busy here lately that there hasn’t been time for phone calls.”

“You’re coming for dinner tomorrow.”

“Can I bring someone?”

“Hi, Christine,” everyone yelled.

“Where are you?” Christine asked.

“Home. Alex, Jess, Dylan, Gabby, Taylor, and Aiden are over.”

“They all fit in that tiny ass apartment? Aiden who?”

“You’ll see tomorrow,” Jade hung up the phone.

Dylan tapped Gabriella’s shoulder, “You’re it,” then ran off.

Her eyes got really big, “Dylan! No!”

Then, in turn, Dylan tagged everyone, trying to get them to play. He walked up to Jade and tapped her shoulder, “You’re it! NO TAKE BACKS!”

Jade sighed, “Fine.” She took off her shoes and as soon as she had them pushed against the couch, everyone took off for the door. After tagging Alexzandra on the way out of the door she grabbed Aiden’s hand, pulled him off the couch, and took off running, “C’mon, they can’t find you.”

“Why not?”

“Hide and go sex. Every time someone tags you, you have to remove an article of clothing. If someone finds you naked…well, yeah, you get it.”

Aiden tried his best to keep up with her, “Why?”

She smiled, “because it’s funny.”

“O…Kay?”

Jade reached the elevator and pressed the button ten or eleven times before the doors opened to reveal Alexzandra and Jessica removing each other’s clothes and making out, “Oh, EW! You guys!”

Alexzandra stopped, “Sorry…we had a mini-game going.”

Jade let the doors close in front of her and took off running again, “That should give us at least and hour.”

“How so?”

Jade scoffed, “They’re the only ones in the elevator. Who the hell else are they gonna tag?”

“Oh!” By the look on Aiden’s face he suddenly got it. They rounded the corner and jumped the stairs.

Dylan ran out of a room where Gabriella followed close behind. When she ran by she tagged Jade, “It.”

“Shit!” Jade stomped her foot, “How?”

Dylan stopped, “Ran into Alex and Jess in the elevator. Talk about ak-ward.”

She took off running again; when she reached a doorway she kicked the plant beside it, “Tag Taylor!”

“Dammit!” The plant exclaimed loudly and shook a jacket off that mysteriously appeared on its branches.

“What the f?” Aiden stared at the plant as they ran by it.

“Oh, shit!” Jade stopped and removed her shirt, “I forgot.” She looked at Aiden and smiled, “C’mon, quit getting all ‘goo-goo eyed’ on me.”

“Are you sure we’re going the right way?”

“Nope!” She turned and talked back out of the room.

The plant Jade claimed to be Taylor stuck its branch out and whacked Aiden across the chest, “It!” “Taylor” exclaimed suddenly.

As Aiden was walking by he looked at the plant seriously confused, “How the hell-?” he mumbled at he took off his jacket and hung it on his arm. Then he reached over and kissed Jade, “It.”

“Damn!” Jade took off her pants.

“Jade Monroe! What have we told you about you and your friends running around my apartment building all hours of the night! The elevator surveillance is getting QUITE a view.”

Jade stopped dead in her tracks, “Double damn!” She grabbed Aiden’s hand and ran toward her apartment. When they got through the door she opened the window and started climbing down the fire escape.

“Where are we going?”

“The forest…Where we can play without getting caught.” When Aiden got to the bottom Jade grabbed his hand and started running again. They soon passed Alex and Jess; Alex was in her bra and hip-huggers and Jess was in her bra and boy shorts. A few minutes later they passed Dylan and Gabriella flying high above them. Dylan was reduced to his boxers and Gabriella had only her skirt and bra on. Taylor was at a slow walk beside Dylan, still fully clothed. He saw a girl on the street, waved at her, and she turned and followed Dylan and Taylor

“Jade! Jade! Jade, stop!” Aiden came to a dead halt and yanked Jade back to his side.

“What?” Jade looked at him, slightly confused.

“Put this on,” he handed her his jacket, “You’re half naked.”

She took it, “An optimist would-”

“Don’t finish that,” he looked in her eyes.

Laughing, she put on the jacket, “quit being a baby. Do you want me to put on clothes?” They walked through the woods to Alexzandra’s house

Aiden blinked, “Do I get a choice in the matter?”

She winked at him, “No.” Then she walked into Jessica and Alexzandra’s room to grab some clothes.

“We’re back!” Alexzandra yelled before Jade got all the way into the room.

“God! You guys! Why don’t you have doors?”

Jessica laughed, “For that exact reason.”

“Just getting some clothes cover up.” Jade ran quickly to the closet and grabbed one of Jessica’s skirt, some fishnet, and a Within Temptation shirt. Then ran to the bathroom, “Proceed!”

“We’re done; you can come out when you get dressed.” Alexzandra said.

Jade walked out and sat on the ground beside the bed, “Whoa! Jess, where’d you get those scars.”

“We never told you?” Jessica looked uncomfortable.

“No, you didn’t.” Jade shuffled around.

“They’re from when I got attacked and Alex turned me.”

“Oh,” Jade looked at the ground. “So what exactly happened?”

“A rouge vampire attacked me,” she looked to Alexzandra.

“He only cut her so he didn’t have to change her and left her for dead.”

“You ever catch him Alex?”

“His scent was extremely faded by the time I found her. I couldn’t track him.”
“Jade?” Aiden poked his head in the doorway.

“Yes, Baby?”

“You’ve been evicted, the landlord just called.”

“Damn, well I guess we better go get my stuff and call Creepy.”

“Who?”

“My gbf, I guess I’ll be staying with him for awhile.”

“Why don’t you stay with me?” Aiden asked. “I’m not sure if I like you staying with other guys, gay or not.”

“Alright.” Jade agreed smiling, “I guess we’re leaving,” she stood up. “See you the day after tomorrow?”

Alexzandra snarled at Aiden, “That’s fine with me,” with a glare she tilted her head slightly to the side “See you the day after tomorrow Aiden.”

Aiden looked scared and backed slowly out of the room. Jade laughed slightly, “Alexzandra, quit being mean.”

“Books!” Alexzandra yelled before Jade walked out of the room.

“Okay!” Jade grabbed Aiden’s hand and walked out of the house. As quickly as Aiden could walk they made it back to Jade’s apartment and started packing, most of what was missing in Jade’s apartment was already in Aiden’s so, all she had to pack was her clothes, books, and laptop. After they took all the stuff to Aiden’s they went back to give the key to the landlord.

“Good riddance! And don’t even THINK about coming back.” He yelled as he shut the door.

Jade ran back and kicked the door down, “oh, I won’t.”

“Jade, calm down.”

“I just,” she snarled as she was walking away, “I hate that guy.”

Aiden grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around, “C’mon.”

“Yeah,” she kissed him, “let’s go, Baby.”
© Copyright 2008 ~Voice of Reason~ (jbphalops08 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1454656-Just-a-Drop-Pt2