*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1455325-A-sock-In-hell
Rated: · Other · Other · #1455325
Not a horrible entry to a contest. About a dirty sock in a clean hamper.
A sock, In hell?

Its disrespectful. All of this grime around me, I am offended. Soiled and smelly, dirt smears their once brilliant selves. They must have really let themselves go to be in this state. I try to ignore them all. They are beneath me. I wonder silently how they could have fallen so far, so fast. They chat and chatter amongst themselves, oblivious to their obvious inferiority. Does anyone here understand the condition they are in? Are they all oblivious to the state they have allowed themselves to lower to? I want to ask them. I quietly brood, wondering what mistake brought me here to this hell. I silently repeat the question “Did I do something wrong, say the wrong thing?” to myself, over and over. I still can't think of any reason. I silently scream out “I HATE YOU ALL! YOU ARE HORRIBLE! WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?”, raging at them all. Suddenly its quiet, there is no more chattering. Uh oh. Did I scream that out loud? The silence is broken by laughter, peals and peals of laughter, merciless. “Its okay bub, it happens to us all sometimes” someone tells me after the laughter subsides. “You're dirty now that you're here anyway, make the best of it!” I'M dirty? I'm dirty?! He's right, I realize, theres no way to stay clean here, its overtaking me. Please someone remember that I was once proud and clean, white and fresh! Someone, remember I'm not like them! I'm better then them! I am, really!
© Copyright 2008 Zengazu (zengazu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1455325-A-sock-In-hell