*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456586-A-New-World-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1456586
This is chapter 5 hope you like it.
" Ugh. What happened?" Corin was finally awake. He noticed that it was daytime and that he wasn't in the clearing anymore. He took a quick survey of his surroundings and noticed that he was in a field, sitting under a giant pine tree.
" You passed out. I don't know how you still fought with three poison darts in you but I've learned expect the impossible." He could tell that it was the stranger's voice.
" What happened to those assasins?"
" You beat the shit out of them, that's what happened. If it hadn't been for you we all would have died back there."
" Is Keera okay?"
" I'm fine." It was Keera's voice this time. Corin gathered his strength and stood up.
" Okay. Now," he focused on the stranger," I held off asking this long enough. Who are you and where the hell are we?"
" My name is Kotzkwijl and you are in Marcoland. I was sent to find you because we need your help to win the war. You're a special boy Corin and you may even be the only one who can stop the evil that plagues our land."
" Yeah alright. Umm how much did that cost you?"
" How much did what cost me?" The man in the black cloak sounded confused.
" That weed you've been smoking! Are you fucking crazy? You drag me into all this shit, almost get Keera and me killed, and now you expect me to fight in a war for a country that I've never even heard of or even know really exists." Corin was getting angry. But it wasn't the kind of anger that makes you want to choke the living crap out of someone, it was the kind of anger that you feel when you can't comprehend what's going on around you or you just don't want to. He walked back to the pine tree and sat down. He tried to comprehend what was happening but he drew a blank. Was he going crazy?
" I don't expect you to do anything. I didn't even force you into this. You came by your own will, not mine. " The stranger seemed somewhat hurt," Now let's get going. We have a long way to travel before we meet Nightshade at Nartul."
Corin stood up, and the party headed off towards a dark forest on the far side of the field.

                    *                              *                              *
In the recesses of the forest a dark guild of warriors, thiefs, and assasins were running around a clearing carrying swords, knives, and various other blades forged by evil flames in the fires of hell. In the middle of the clearing a small group of hell's finest warriors sat conversing with each other.
" I want that boy. I've sent thirty Ru' ku and two assassins after him and somehow he managed to kill all of them. All of you had better find him and kill him or you won't live to see the end of this war."
" We will have him soon, my lord. In fact he is in this very forest right now."
The great lord spoke again," And you'd better hope he doesn't make it out of here alive."
" He won't, my lord, trust me, he won't."
© Copyright 2008 Rubedo666 (goldarkknight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456586-A-New-World-Chapter-5