*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457798-Friendship
by Kristi
Rated: E · Editorial · Friendship · #1457798
Written for the Friendship Day contest
Friendship Image


True friendships are constructed via many different means. The ingredients in one may be similar to another, but not identical. Likewise, a friendship can not be based solely on the preferred list of qualified characteristics of one person - it is the special blend of morals and personality traits of two individuals that determine the strength and durability of the union.

Not restricted by reservations - unconditional - the single most important aspect of a bond between two people. Friendship is understanding of mistakes made and is blind to personality quirks and behavioral faults. It is honest and open, supportive and respectful.

It would not be a lie to say I have struggled all my life in search for a "true-to-the-end" friend. Although I am an awesome chic, I am very intense and extreme; two characteristic traits which tend to frighten people, ultimately chasing them away. Throughout the past thirty years, I can honestly, and without hesitation, claim to have been blessed with three people who see through flashy colors and are disinterested with outward appearances, who have the ability to delve deeper, unafraid, into who I am and why. The most recent of the three came to me via WDC in the form of a review. I present to you Miss Stacy Lynn.

I did not know immediately upon receiving a review from her that we would form the friendship we have, but I did know she is comprised of values I highly regard. Let me explain just how I knew this. The item of mine she reviewed is an editorial piece I wrote informing the reader that some law enforcement agencies in the United States do not perform random drug testing of officers. Stacy, being married to a police officer, did not form a judgmental opinion and offered me a fantastic review with some valid points from a different perspective. Needless to say, I figured I had trashed my existence at WDC by being so opinionated on the subject, but I was very wrong. Stacy is extremely open minded and very respectful of the opinions of others. Not many people can have this said about them.

Since that day in early February, Stacy and I have grown closer. She has learned things about me that may not be the most glorious, and yet, she still loves me. One would have a tough time convincing me that Stacy and I only know each other via the Internet and WDC. Although it is true, my heart views it much differently. My heart is not restricted by distance and knows not whether a handshake has taken place. It does, however, know truth and is very good at determining how genuine a person is.

Like most people, I have built a protective wall around my heart and am very selective as to who is allowed to get close and even more selective about who is allowed to enter. I have no qualms whatsoever about letting Stacy in. Her purity is as obvious as the blueness of the sky and I would be a fool to reject her camaraderie. Try as I may, I will never be able to express my innermost thoughts and feelings about Stacy Lynn. The meaning, from which the foundation was laid, is far too deep and incomprehensible. Since meeting Stacy, a day has not passed that I have not been grateful for her. She has brought such meaning to my existence, through the course of normal life events and stressful, life-altering one's. Her presence in my life is invaluable and immeasurable.



© Copyright 2008 Kristi (kristilove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457798-Friendship