*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457981-When-I-Was-a-Little-boy
Rated: E · Short Story · Educational · #1457981
Memory of my childhood.
“When I Was A LITTLE boy” by Bart E. Walker

When I was young my heart was filled with fun, my father had a little bit of land and said have fun just be home by sunset.  My mom was always upset when I came home so late. I loved my peace and quiet , we had 8 in a farm house that could hold less but I had my own bunk bed with my brother who  I would  rather not be around.  There was a friend a mile away, I would walk to his house some of the time, or ride my bike, but he was hard to get along with at times so I would go home and have fun on the old farm. There were 2 old barns on that old farm one at the house and one in the middle of the land my father owned.  I would get up early on Saturday to help my father chop wood in the winter and whack weeds in the summer, and just for fun my father would buy a few cows and chickens to remind him of his childhood.  I hated the chickens and how they pecked my feet. The rooster was a bit of a monster to someone so small. We had a well to give us water and to give the cows and chickens something to drink. NO not a hole just in the ground.  It was more like a pump hooked up to the hole with a large tank on top. Everyone thought it was strange at the time. The water was great and full of good minerals and stuff. We replaced a coffee pot every three months, and a hot water heater every three years.  Now I know I am recalling, but don’t you remember how much fun you had! Think to the days of coke for a quarter. A pack of BB’s for a dime and of the good times not only the bad!
© Copyright 2008 bartman777 (bartman777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457981-When-I-Was-a-Little-boy