*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1458616-To-be-seated
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1458616
a short stint in a chair.
    Have you ever had to sit?

    This may sound like an odd question, think about it for just a few moments.  Have you ever had to sit for everything you have had to do.Having no ability to stand or walk. The lack of use of our legs is something that often goes unnoticed.

    Think about the simple things that are done standing,like making supper. Reaching for spices, pots and pans, cooking at eye level boiling pasta inches from your face. wheeling up to the cabinet and sliding tour feet under the kickplate then getting them stuck there.There are so many things that the general population take for grantit. For instance the ability to get to and from your automobile after shopping. The complete dependence is sobering. I had the most unfortunate turn of events bringing me litteraly to my cheecks. Living in a small town hasn't helped the matter much.

    Having to sit, being at the mercy of someones elses scheduelle...(that relly stinks) helps me to be more considerate of others time tables. With ability to get to and from the store, or even once there to reach what I needed, very humbiling. People have little consideration for those in our community that are less mobile than all of us on a run, run, run, scheduelle. We as a society are selfish. With our time, words of affermation,and our intellect.

    More to the point. Let the person in a weel chair go first. They have probably been shopping much longer than you. Let them ahead of you in line, offer to help them to there car. The people whom helped me were far fewer than those who pushed ahead of me, looking up and acting as if they were more important than I because they were faster. But a little cosideration for your fellow man goes a long way. Think of those that are not as able as you are. They will apperciate it greatly. Give a helping hand,or a word of encourgement.

      If every one in the world today did, just once a day, for someone they were not related to our world would be a much greater place to be. Think of how helping one person could bring the spirits up of all the people they come in contact with.

    Remember a peble in a pond and all the ripples a single peble, or act of kindness touches. We all can have an affect on the entire world if we just do a small act of kindness every day. We as a people are all conected.

    Thinking about all of this on a larger picture the physical lack of abilitys arn't the only lack of societial function we run into every day. Its just the one that we see most redily. One act of kindness a day is all we need to do to make this world a better place for all of us to live.
© Copyright 2008 crmlehn (crmlehn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1458616-To-be-seated