*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471154-her-dirty-feet
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1471154
a moment of joy
I remember vividly how dirty feet made me smile.

We were getting ready for church, and had spent all day the day before cleaning the house. She said to me that the house was so squeaky clean that it shined.

I was sitting on the steps looking into the kitchen when I saw the little girls size 12 foot prints across the kitchen floor. She must have snuck out to jump on the trampoline when I was scrubbing something.

They were the swift steps of a 5 year old beautiful, slightly curly blond, shuffling across the kitchen so to not get caught on her stealthy return from a secret mission.A mission of the utmost importance...

In my minds eye I can see her, going out side and having the grandest time bouncing and giggling. Smiling and playing without a care in the world.Then remembering her unmade bed and  the awful ramifications of no soda with the family movie, then scampering across the yard forgetting her shoes in route. Coming inside in a rush forgoing the floor mat and pattering up to her room, in her wake leaving a perfect admission to the crime.The beautiful little foot prints.

But this simple little mess helpes me to reflect on the beauty  my little angel experienced when she snuck out on cleaning day.

What a blessing to be that happy in life. What a blessing God has given us to have joy, prosperity and freedom.

© Copyright 2008 crmlehn (crmlehn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471154-her-dirty-feet