*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1459181-One-Smile-at-a-Time
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1459181
For a challenge: changing the world one smile at a time
“Have they returned?”

“Yes, sir. All seven men were able to penetrate their targets, spend some time there and leave without more than perfunctory challenges.”

“Good. And we have the facilities to produce the quantity of operatives we will need?”

“We have twelve dentists, sir, and three orthodontics labs able to supply our explosive appliances. We can equip the required number of personnel within a week.”

“And volunteers?”

“Numerous volunteers, all with family members applauding their sacrifice from secure camps in the hills.”

“And the target’s security? These are not trucks full of munitions. It will be necessary to get relatively close.”

“It will not be a problem, sir. The target wishes to imply that our people have come to support his government's operation. A chance to sign an autograph on camera for an otherwise empty-handed child--the target will not be able to resist. Certainly after the first few, he will have enough confidence to get close to an operative.”

“I love it when we use their stupidity against them. Very well, implement the program. Let us change the world, one smile at a time.

Written for th challenge at
 
IMAGE
Ray (Rino) Johnson  (E)
My friend, Ray
#1764403 by E E Coder
© Copyright 2008 Uberlurker (uberlurker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1459181-One-Smile-at-a-Time