*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460494-Raes-Problem
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1460494
A girl overcomes her problem.
Rae opened the door and exited the building, pausing as the hair on the back of her neck rose. She shook her head and continued heading towards the parking lot. Her keys were in her hand, poking through her fingers, ready to hit someone if they came at her. In her job it paid to be careful and watchful. Rae jumped when a bottle smashed behind her, she walked faster, finally getting to her car. she fumbled with the keys and dropped them, she started to panic and bent down to pick them up. She screamed as a hand appeared beside hers picking her keys up. She stood fast, spinning as she did so. her back pressed against the cold metal of her car. "wh..w...w..what do you want?" she stammered to the man standing in the shadows, holding her keys.

"Rae, where is it?" He growled to her. Stepping closer to intimidate her. He smiled as she shrank back against the car more.

Rae hated him and hated her life, "I don't know what your talking about, Tony" she whimpered out. Oh crap, i never should have taken it, she thought to herself.

Tony stepped closer moving his other hand so the knife there pressed to her stomach, "now, now Rae, don't go telling lies, we both know you know where it is. I want it now, no fooling around or you know who is going to pay." he threatened.

Rae's eyes widened as she pictured her baby sister, "no please, ok i'll tell where i hid it." she told him. She looked at him imploring him not to hurt her or her sister. "It is in my flat." she added.

He pushed her aside and moved to open her car, get in her ordered her, indicating the passenger seat. Tony then got in the driver's seat and started the car. After she had gotten settled in he took of for her flat. Once they pulled up her followed her up the walkway to her place. Opening the door her pushed her inside. "ok where is it?" he demanded.

Rae moved towards the safe she had had installed "in here" she bent down and opened it and took out the cash. "i...i....didn't spend any of it" she informed him.

Tony pulled her to her feet and pushed her onto the lounge and said "stay there" he then counted the money and seemed satisfied it was all there. He looked up at her and said "next time...and your lucky there will be a next time, don't touch his money." He warned her. His expression softened "Rae why didn't you tell me you were in financial trouble. I would have helped you. Do you realise how much convincing it took for me to convince him not to order your death?" he told her.

Rae shivered and said "I didn't want you to know, i thought you didn't love me enough. I'm so sorry. And," she stood up angry now she had gotten over her fright "what the hell is with you threatening me with a damn knife?" she yelled. "and threatening my little sister?" she added. She stared up at him, glaring.

"Honey, you know i had to scare you like that or he would have known. He had Dalby watching. " Tony said, stepping forward to hug his wife. "honey please come home" He implored her.

She stiffened and then relaxed, "i can't not until i know for sure." She hugged him back and closed her eyes, whispering "i love you"
© Copyright 2008 Wintershea (wintershea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460494-Raes-Problem