*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461129-The-Other-Side
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1461129
"My Reflection"continued...Please review.
I’m trapped below the surface gasping for breath, the tears well up in my eyes. My throat is sore, it burns deep inside yet still I scream. How did I let this happen? I’ve become part of the darkness and it’s taking over me. Slowly but steadily working its way through my body, I grit my teeth in an effort to cope with it but the pain is unbearable, seeping into the hollows of my life shadowing my soul, freezing my blood with a bitter coldness.

Eyes wide with fear, I stare at my arms and legs. Feels like a million sharpened swords, forged in the fires of hell piercing through my flesh from every possible angle.
Distorted images of a wasted life flash before me as the crossover commences. The blood of my wound fuels the darkness, strengthening it with every drop. It hungers for more of me. The flesh is willing but the mind is reluctant. Still, that part of me yearns for freedom.

As the blood continues to drain so does my life and all of its good memories depart from my mind, no longer a suitable place to dwell. Overcome by monsters created by myself all of the goodness dissipates into nothingness.

Still steadily rising and closing in on me, drowning out all sense of awareness, it claws at my heart ripping it to shreds. Then out of the shadows come a pair of skeletal hands grabbing hold of my head and tilting it slightly backward. It all occurs so suddenly there’s no time to react. Through my parted lips, numbness enters and just like my blood once did, it circulated in my body, flooding my every part.

It’s then I feel it, the one last thing I’ve been trying so hard to hold on too. I’m weaker now than ever before, susceptible to anything. I’m sorry, so sorry. I’m defenseless. It begins to leave me and I start to fade.

Without so much as a kiss of hope upon my cursed lips, my soul disappears. It has all ended. I’m on the other side, there’s no turning back. I can only go forward into further desolation.
© Copyright 2008 Determined (t.dreamer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461129-The-Other-Side