*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685904-Mother
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1685904
A memory from my childhood. Please rate/review, thanks!
I would follow you around the house, my little feet running to catch up to you and grabbing onto the edge of your skirt. Looking up at the beautiful giant humming as she cleaned, the smell of lemon pledge and the sound of Celine Dion on the radio, "If you forgive me all this.."
Oh how I loved you so. You were the center of my world. Mother, protector, my love. Then the evening would come. A red sunset. You'd sit in the gallery with me wrapped in your arms while I played with your little gold hoop earring still in your ear. I put my face to your neck and inhale deeply the scent of your favorite perfume, our favorite. My father tells a funny joke, one of his many. I don't understand it but you do. A smile spreads across my face as I press my ear against your chest. I can feel your laughter. Life is wonderful.
© Copyright 2010 Determined (t.dreamer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685904-Mother