*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461916-Essence-of-Freedom-PART-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1461916
The Goddess Juilira helps a town.
"Don't worry son, Juilira will help us...", replied Krishragis after his son, Olarigife asked him if they would be okay.

Along with a troop of thousands, they were marching along the Nile, obeying every command an invador, Zekht, gave them. They were hopeless. They had no rights, no say and they longed to be free.

Probably no longer than a month have they been travelling, they were exhausting. Death toll, many. Cruel is the word to describe this unenvious but significantly successful men. The Kireks, from the Lost town of Kireken, were completely helpless. Despite their intelligent self, they were seriously lost for thought, and could only resort to believing in their Goddess, Juilira.

Legend has it that Juilira is always watching them from above, and that she will only descend in their darkest hour.

"It's our darkest hour and Juilira hasn't turned up..." Krishragis heard someone mutter. Olarigife had his own doubts, but since Krishragis was known to be honest, he believed in his noble father.

After trekking for about 60 more kilometres, with more deaths along the way. Not to be noticed by the other prisoners. A miracle happened. Rain!

Rainfall supposedly comes once in ten years and people treasured it as much as you would. But, this time round, it rained twice in a week! "See I told you, Juilira is there." a smiling Krishragis said to his son. His son smiled in reply and cheered.

The cruel men, not happy with the rainfall. Laid his anger upon some innocent people. Mostly men, they decapitated about three of them. Their wives or kids screamed in horror as their relatives' heads come rolling down the floor.

Olarigife was afraid one day his father, Krishragis, would be a victim. He prayed for the best that his father would be saved.

The rainfall was the longest in Kireken yet, it lasted for 27 hours, all night. They were overjoyed. Somehow, the relatives of the decapitated ones know that their loved one's sought revenge...

When the evil men were asleep. The men and women gathered around and performed a ritual, silently praying for Juilira to help them.

While their doing the ritual, John Walcom, a part of the cruel brotherhood, woke up with a start. He decided to backstab them.

Within 10 seconds, he tried to attack the nearest victim, it was Krishragis. But his lightning fast reflexes help him stab John. John dropped in agony, blood gushing out of the wound. Foam started in his mouth, the spear's tip was covered in Poison Arrowed Frogs' poison, and death is in a matter of seconds.

Celebrating their victory, Krishragis was oblivious towards his surroundings, little did he know about the danger that awaited him...

TO BE CONTINUED...
© Copyright 2008 Sofierization (33ownage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461916-Essence-of-Freedom-PART-1