*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463073-Blossoming-Love-Chapter-1
by Shike
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1463073
Shikamaru and Temari find out their feelings for each other.
Blossoming Love, Chapter 1.


"Information. Ninjas were all about information. One could go and say Ninja were Information. One more important than other. The message Temari was carrying was very important. If it wasn't then her brother, The Kazekage wouldn't have sent her and would have risked a message falcon or other winged messenger. But it was important and Gaara sent her. The only amusing part was that she might run into Shikamaru. She was really looking forward to see if he had become a Jonin yet like she was, and if he was as lazy as she thought he was he wouldn't be Jonin yet and she would rub it all over his face," she thought.

She nimbly hopped from a tree to were the gates leading to the Village Hidden in the Leaves were. The guards knew her but still checked her papers and did a transformation chakra check to make sure it was her and not and not an enemy looking like her. They called for an escort and she was disappointed that it wasn't him this time. They let her pass and she was escorted to the Hokage's Mansion by a little Genin that had a weird blue scarf around his head. Lady Tsunade was the first Kage of this village, she mused. For some reason the thought of a woman leading the village seem right to her. When she was admitted to the Mansion she was lead to the Hokage's Office and knocked a few times.

"Enter"
Temari opened the door and sat in a chair across Lady Tsunade's desk.
"Why hello Temari how was your trip here?," Tsunade asked nicely.
"It was fine and there was no trouble at all," Temari replied.
"Thats good. Do you have the scroll?"
"Yes here it is," Temari answered pulling out the scroll from her pouch.

Tsunade took the scroll and pumped a bit of chakra in the tag that would only open up to Tsunade's specific chakra. She opened it and started to read the contents. After a few minutes the closed it and stowed it on a compartment in the large oak desk. Then she took out another scroll from a different compartment and began writing on it. Then she put her symbol on it and gave it to Temari.

"Very well. Temari I want you to take this scroll and give it to the Nara clan"
"OK, Lady Tsunade."
Temari stood up and left the Office. "this is good now I have a good excuse to visit Shikamaru," she thought happily.


The baby was crying....again. What does she want this time, Shikamaru Nara wondered. Reluctantly he walked over to the bassinet. Kurenai had promised that the baby would sleep most of the afternoon, but so far the month old infant had been nothing but troublesome. Shikamaru frowned down at his late master's heir.
"You sure are noisy," he said."let's see I just fed, you burped fairly well, that means . . ." Shikamaru sighed. He could smell it already. He piked up the little girl gently and wrinkled his nose at her. The girl called Kimiko had a pudgy squat little face which was turning red as she cried. Her hair was already coming in, looking just as dark as her mother's. She also had inherited her mother's strange spiraling ruby eyes.

"Kurenai also promised I wouldn't have to deal with this either. I should have know. She's late as usual anyway. Well, i guess it cant be helped." As he made his way towards the changing table in the corner of the living room, a knock came on Shikamaru's door. "Ah good," Shikamaru breathed in relief. "She got here just in time." He made his way to the door swiftly and as he opened it he was already prepared to thrust the wailing child into her mother's arms.

"You're just in time, Kur . . ." Shikamaru froze at the sight of the person who greeted him at the door. It wasn't Kurenai. "Y-you." Temari's eyes were as wide as his, but she was staring at the baby. A moment later she wrinkled her nose. They hadn't seen each other since last year's Chunnin exams, and though he hated to admit it, Shikamaru had kind of missed her wit and dangerous charm. He had imagined a better greeting for the moment that they met again. things never seemed to happen the way Shikamaru planned. "Wha- is that yours?!?" was apparently all Temari could think to say.

"I'm babysitting," Shikamaru said loud enough to be heard over the baby's high pitched cries. "What are you doing here?"
"I'm on business of course!" Temari loudly said as the muscles in her face began to bunch "i have an urgent message from . . ." Temari's slight frown became a scowl that made Shikamaru flinch. "Grrrr . . . Are you just going to stand there, idiot? You do realize that poor baby needs to be changed?" Shikamaru decided to give her his most helpless look. She was a woman after all, despite being a scary one, and he sure could use some motherly instincts, even if they were coming from the most troublesome woman he knew. "you ah . . . wouldn't know anything about how to do that, would you Temari?" Temari studied him for a moment before giving him that broad ear to ear grin that he found strangely attractive. "Are you asking a woman for help, Shikamaru?" She teased. He sighed. "It cant be helped. I'm no good at this sort of thing."

Temari shook her head, clearly amused. She held out her arms and Shikamaru gladly relinquished the infant to the ninja from the Sand. Temari immediately started bouncing the baby gently in her arms and began making littler shushing noises. The baby began to quiet somewhat. Shikamaru was amazed. She had motherly skills after all. "Lets do this, so we can get down to business" Temari said in a soothing voice that was very close to baby talk. "But I'm going to teach you how." "Teach?" said Shikamaru. A sudden dread began to crawl in his belly. "You know what they say," Temari said, beaming at him. "Teach a man to fish and all. You could learn a lot from a woman"



Author's Note: This is my second Story and I had so much fun writing it. I decide to make it a Shika+Tema because Shikamaru is my favorite character in Naruto. This is the beginning of a 6 Chapter story. If you like it check back to see if the other chapters are done ^_^ .
© Copyright 2008 Shike (shike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463073-Blossoming-Love-Chapter-1