*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1477209-The-Shadow-Thief-Chapter-1
by Shike
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1477209
Discover the secrets of a normal 14 year old boy, who will have to fend for his life.
Until that fateful night he had been a normal boy, or so he was thought to believe. Since the age of 7 he was trained to continue the family tradition. What family tradition you say? Becoming the Shadow Thief. Shike was an exceptional thief, having stolen various objects at the age of five (mostly being candy bars) from a store and not being captured by the security camera.

He showed a lot of promise. Shike had an uncanny ability to walk so silently, that nobody knew he was there. He also was in great physical health and could run so fast that it would have shamed a Olympian. He used his surroundings to his advantage and only those with sharp eyes and mind could detect him. That's what his father thought and so proceeded to reveal Shike's true destiny to him. His first task would be to steal the famous Twilight's Sorrow as a test. Little did Shike know that it woulds change his life. Forever.

"It's funny how things happen. One day I'm stressing about the midterm exams and the next day I'm supposed to steal a famous painting. From a heavily guarded museum. Great." Shike thought as he sighed. He crouched down to make sure he wasn't spotted by a sentry. The museum was big, kind of looking like the White House. The museum was filled to the brim with guards.

It was late October and one of the days that you'd think that couldn't get any colder, but it did. It was close to midnight. "I'm not supposed to stay out late on a school night" he thought. Shike was dressed in a black sweat pants and a black T-shirt, to blend with the darkness. He also had a backpack with a few 'toys' that would help him on his test. He swiftly ran towards the back of the museum, making sure that he kept to the shadows.

He noticed a guard stop and look in his direction, where he had stopped to get a look at the museum. He quickly flattened himself against the ground, hoping that the guard hadn't noticed him. After a while the guard kept moving, seemingly thinking that it was just a bird or something. Sighing with relief He continued on all fours. He began to crawl forward, stopping everyone in a while when he though he had been spotted. The museum, being made of brick, had the perfect footholds. He tightened his backpack, to make sure that the 'Toys' wouldn't fall out. He would need them.

He stood near the brick wall, gripping on one of the many crevices. He began to climb, and climb he did, until he got to the roof. Now it is common sense to post guards on the roofs and this became a problem for Shike. "Ohh great. How am I supposed to get past those guards?" He thought. Then he remembered one of the sayings that his grandpa taught him. "The least expected way is the most expected, while the most expected is the least." Shike wondered why, of the two hundred sayings that his grandpa drilled into his head, this was the one that he recalled.

He slipped quietly onto the roof and crouched. The guards were carrying flashlight. He stood behind a pillar and waited until the first guard walked past him. He rolled to the side of a wall and walked against it. He laid himself on the floor again and moved his head just a little enough so that he could see the other guard. The guard was standing in one spot, apparently sleeping. "Funny how the painting was going to be stolen because one guard slept during his shift." Shike thought as he slipped past the guard. He crept towards a skylight and stood in front of it. He opened his backpack and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. Now you might think why does a kid need sunglasses at the middle of the night? Well that particular pair of glasses were equipped with infrared, X-ray and Thermal vision. He put it on and activated the infrared. No laser traps. Good. He pried open the skylight and look a look inside with the infrared activated glasses. Woah.


To be continued . . .

Author's Note: Hello all! I haven't been active much lately because of school, but when I thought about this story I knew I had to write it down as soon as possible. Theres still more to come so if you like it be sure to check back to see if there has been any chapters added to my stories.
© Copyright 2008 Shike (shike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1477209-The-Shadow-Thief-Chapter-1