*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463480-Imagine-Chapter-2
by Inne
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1463480
here's the new version! hope it turned out better!
        --Chapter 2--

          I was there again, in the glade, with its dream-like beauty and allure. I felt relief flood my body – it was such a refreshing change. This time I knew immediately that this wasn’t a dream; I had no doubt that it was real.
          I took in all the details, things I knew had been there – the waterfall gurgling into the pond, the cool moss carpeting the forest floor, the fresh breeze rustling slightly through the leaves – and new things I hadn’t taken note of before – how the colors were bright and pure, but flowed together like a watercolor painting, and how there were some sort of interesting flowers at the edge of the woods, that threw the most beautiful scent into the gentle wind. Though nothing had visibly changed since the last time I had been here, I felt that it was different.
          There was another presence, something else in the strange world I had been brought to, that hadn’t been there before. There were those few things I hadn’t seen at first, but I knew they had been there the whole time. No, this that I was feeling was definitely something new.
          In my perceptiveness, I was pulled past the clear waters by the presence I sensed, giving me a longing to see further into the thickness of the woods, hoping to catch a glance of what was out there. Like the glass ball around my neck had awaited the spear of light, something was waiting for me, calling to me – I could feel it.
          Just ahead I saw a sudden glimmer within the forest, a faint something beyond the trees. I felt my name whispered into the wind, almost as if the draft had blown unswervingly into my mind, my heart: ‘Kara…’ it called me foreword by the very base of my spirit, my longing to discover, and to finally feel the sense of belonging. Drawn to the light, my feet moved without command, and with each step the glow grew brighter, more distinct. Before I knew it a high arc, broad, strong and defined, had appeared before my eyes, and a slight feeling of déjà vu washing over me.
        It was a door.
Sparkling in the sunlight, elaborately decorated with intricate carvings of a variety of unknown beasts and creatures, it stood before me, majestic in the golden rays. Though in the middle of the woods, the door did not seem to be out of place; rather, it seemed to have been there all along, simply going unseen. Its sturdy frame was inlaid with many colorful, glittering jewels that I had no name for, casting miniature rainbows across the ground at my feet.
        Standing only a short distance away, I gazed up at the top where a shimmer had started forming into words, as thought the sun itself were painting the curving letters:
        'Open the door to your Imagination'
Entranced, I marveled at the door and its powerful beauty, basking in the light that poured over my skin, when another flicker caught my eye. In the very center of the door was a great seal, a decorative lock, imprinted with the symbol of a half sun – half moon. Where the two pictures became one, an indention held them together, impeccably round and smooth – a perfect sphere.
        My heart skipped a beat as I reached to the gem around my neck, my palm forming to the smooth spherical shape, warm against my skin. I pulled the necklace over my head to see that the indention and the pendant were the same size. Before I could stop to think, I pressed the jewel into the socket.
        The lock began to glow and sparkle, sending even more beams of light dancing across the mossy ground. There was a loud 'click' and the door parted slowly with a low groan. I looked through the doorway, but saw an entirely different scene than what existed around me.
        Outside the doorframe, the forest still stood; nothing had changed. But within the glorious framework of the door was yet another world, different than the one I was in now, unique and bright – an opportunity that had never before been offered.
          It was an open gateway, beckoning grandly for me to enter.


>>>still changing things, its not the final copy, bear with me!<<<


© Copyright 2008 Inne (inne14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463480-Imagine-Chapter-2