*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547010-Imagine-Chapter-3
by Inne
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1547010
Really rough sketch, not sure if all of it will be included in this Chapter
A warm sensation flitted over my skin as I stepped through the door. A golden ray of sunlight peirced the open doorway and flowed uninterrupted to the other side, following me even between worlds...

- - Many Years Earlier- -

The usually cheery castly was darkened by the shadow of evil. It was raining outside, and the downpour could be heard pounding on the roof. Flashes of lightning touched even the deepest corners of the hallways as the king marched to the throne room. The smell of rain was sour, tainted by the cloud hanging over the kingdom.
    He pushed aside the cedar door into the grandure of the throne room, now empty and hollow in the storm...
She stood beside the high backed chair at the head of the royal hall, holding the baby carefully in the drapes of her cloak, awaiting his comands.
    "Go." he said morosely, "Take her away from the danger here. She will return when it is done."
She nodded, tears streaming down her face as she pulled the cloak over her head and hurried out of the castle.
                                                                            ~<>~

The King knew of the opening of the door. He had sensed her, the one who was called, stepping through the door. She had answered to the calls of Imaga*. High above in his Kingdom, he observed the girl as she explored the world she was destined to come to.

                                                                          ~<>~
** "What is this place?" Kara heard herself whisper in amazement. She had walked over the threshold into the most glorious place she could ever Imagine.
    She stood atop a high cliff overlooking a valley flooded with vibrant color. Beyond, she saw a field resembling a patchwork quilt thrown over the hills. Turning, she saw the scenic view of a clear, smooth lake on a mountain similar to a giant crystal, a prism that sent a rainbow across the sky and tinted the tumbling waters of a waterfall. The colorful stream meandered along through vigorous green, expansive pastures, and through a small village of the oddest houses she had ever seen. They seemed to be made of porcelan or ceramics in every color imaginable, each just as bright as the valley she stood above. Overwhelmed by the beauty, she blinked to make sure it was all still there. The vibrance that surrounded her... she had never seen anything like it!
    Kara was startled awake from her trance when she heard some footsteps behind her. Whirling around, she confronted a young girl, a foot or so shorter than her, standing some way down the grassy trail. But something wasn't normal about the girl. It seemed like her body was entirely translucent, and her glass-like face carried a stricken look. She instantly flooded a faint fushia as she twirled around and started back down the path, only to take a few steps and trip, her delicate braided hair tinkling with every movement. Kara rushed to her, afraid she had been broken in the fall.
    "Are you alright?" she asked softly, not wanting to frighten her again.
    "Yes..." she replied with a chime-like voice, "I just didn't expect anyone to be up here, much less someone like you. How did you get here?"
    "I came through that do--" Turning, she stopped midsentance. In her amazement, she failed to realize one thing.
The door was gone.
She lookedc around frantically, hoping the door would reappear as suddenly as it had before, but it was gone. She had walked into this strange unknown world and now had no means of going back.


*Imaga - Dream
** Yes i know i changed the point of view; it's for contrast purposes - when she's in this other world, it's viewed from third person

i'm strongly considering combining this with the second chapter to make it longer like it needs to be but for now it will be kept separate
© Copyright 2009 Inne (inne14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547010-Imagine-Chapter-3