*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464664-Aunt-Shirleys-Coat
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1464664
A Christmas story about a Lhasa Apso Puppy
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **




Aunt Shirley's Coat

It was Christmas and we were having company. Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Shirley will be here soon, I can hardly wait! Aunt Shirley always smells so good, I like to lay next to her and let her pet me. Her hands are gentle and her hand lotion tastes good. Sometimes, if I catch her off guard, I can kiss her on the mouth and sometimes she lets me.

Oh! the doorbell, I know it's our company, I just wonder if I can be the first one to greet them. If I run really fast, I can be there before the Shelties. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I live with my Mama and two beautiful Shelties. My name is Pebbles and I am a Lhasa Apso.

Aunt Shirley and Uncle Ronnie appeared in the doorway. I got so excited, I nearly wet on the floor, "OOPS!" The Shelties were clamoring for attention, I ran around them trying to get in front of the pack. "No good!" "Doesn't anyone see me?" I cried. "I know I'm small, but look I'm right here," I whimpered. Nothing was working, so as a last resort, I decided to let out one of my blood curdling screeches; the kind all Lhasa's make when protecting their castle; or in this case wanting some special attention.

That did it! Aunt Shirley scooped me up in her arms, I was in doggy heaven! She kissed me, talked to me, and even let me cuddle into her new fur coat. She held me like a baby, well, I am the baby after all. Mama says I'm cute! Mama named me Pebbles after the Pebbles in the Flintstone's cartoon. You know, Barney, Wilma and Bam Bam.
Anyway, the fun was about to begin.

First the yummy turkey Mama was fixing for dinner, she always gives us a little taste on top our dog food, as a special treat.

Later, out of nowhere Mama found the gifts Santa Claus had magically hidden for us in the bedroom. The presents were all wrapped up in colorful red and green Christmas paper, that made a crinkly noise when I touched it with my nose.

Mama helped me take the paper off my gift, and there was a fuzzy brown thing inside, I poked it with my nose to see if it would move.
Mama said; "Look Pebbles, it's a teddy bear." I had never had a teddy bear of my own, but Jasmine has a teddy bear that makes growly noises. She's had hers for a long time, but she won't let me play with it

Aladdin knows how to take the paper off his present and had it open in no time. Santa brought him; a soft, plush, yellow ducky, cause he likes to watch the ducks down by the lake. Mama takes us there for walks.
We each got a new toy to play with. I love my new teddy bear, he is very soft and has a pretty red ribbon around his neck. He will be one of my litter now. I always take my litter to bed in Mama's big bed.

My litter consists of; Lambie, who is white like me, with curly hair and so soft- I use her for a pillow, she likes to snuggle with me. Miss Piggy, who is a pink piglet and one of my favorites, she naps in Mama's chair with me. Then there is Fuzzy puppy, who looks just like me. Now I have Teddy bear, he's big and will probably take up a lot of room in the bed, but Mama won't mind. I'm spoiled!  Soon, Mama will have to get a bigger bed. hee hee!

Now that all the gifts were opened and desert was served, it was play time. "Oh Happy day!"  Uncle Ronnie and I play tug of war with my fuzzy puppy. We call this game 'Vicious dog'; because I get to growl and sound vicious, while Uncle Ronnie growls back at me and calls me vicious dog. The more I growl, the more Uncle Ronnie
laughs. We have so much fun, I'm so glad they came to visit us.

I'm all tuckered out now, it's been a long day- I'm looking for a place to take a little nap. I see Aunt Shirley's fur coat laying on the back of the overstuffed chair. Hmmm.. Maybe no one will notice, I'll just climb up and snuggle down in the soft fur. Nuzzling my nose inside, I could smell the fragrance of my Aunt Shirley, and sleep came softly.
The End
Ccopyright 4/23/2007


© Copyright 2008 ~Windsong~ (windsongcastle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464664-Aunt-Shirleys-Coat