*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464670-Imperfect-Arcana-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1464670
Chapter 2 of my story.Read and review! Shadows lurks around the corner.What should you do?
Imperfect Arcana

Based on Shin Megami Tensei:Persona 3

Disclaimer:I don't owned Persona 3.Altus did.

Chapter 2:Shadows At The Corner

Rika let out a sigh of relief. She found her keys. She had forgotten her keys after cleaning up the dojo for the Kendo Team. 'Note to self:Always remember your keys.' Rika looked at the clock. It was already 7.53. She finished cleaning up the dojo at 6.30. She reach her house at 7 only to found out she had forgotten her keys at the classroom.

Rika quickly stuff the keys in her pocket.She looked around the classroom. It was dark and creepy. Shivers crawled at Rika's spine. She quickly got out from her classroom. Like her classroom,the corridor was dark and creepy,only dim moonlight illuminated the corridor. As Rika made her way to the staircase,she felt an unusual shiver at her spine. Her body suddenly shivers uncontrollably. 'What's up with you Rika? Your not afraid of the dark right?'

She tried all her might of stop shaking. She felt the aura,the same aura from her friends and the brown haired senior. Only this one was intense and dark. She tried to walk but her legs were wobbly. She supports herself by leaning to the wall. 'What is this negative energy? It was too intense.'

Suddenly, she felt something sticky at her arms. She looked at it to see....."Blood?!" Rika fell on her butt. The walls was oozing off blood. More blood appears on the floor. The doors vanished and the staircase dissappears. " What the hell happened?" She looked at the clock. It was 8 sharp. "Am I crazy?" said Rika wide eyed. Her hands shook even more.

Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her. She turned around to see a shadow. A shadow with multiple limbs. Each limbs has a sharp looking claws. "Oh my god!" The shadow raised one of it's multiple limbs to attack Rika.Rika closed her eyes waiting for the attack to connected.
But a sound of metals clashing was heard. She opened her eyes to see a blue haired teen holding a katana blocking the attack. The teen quickly push the shadow back.

"Henry?" Rika tried to recognise the teen. "Rika?" said Henry disbelieved. "What are you doing here?" "That is what I suppose to ask you!" replied Rika. "Just run Rika! Go to Miya,she is just around the corridor!" "But I need answers!" Henry snapped at Rika. "Please go it is for your own safety!"

The Shadow lunged at Henry. Henry blocked the attack and tried to counterattack. The shadow dodged the attack and clawed Henry's left shoulder. "Argh!!" Henry jumped back,clutching his shoulder. "Henry!" Henry turned towards Rika. "You're still here? Go! or you will get killed!" "But what about you?" exclaimed Rika. "I can take care of myself." Henry unhosltered his gun. He pointed the gun at his head. "Henry, what are you doing?" Henry pulled the trigger. "Alexander!!!"

BANG!!!

A sea of blue shards exploded from Henry's head. The shards circled around each other to from a knight in red armor with a sword and shield. "Woah.." said Rika awed. Alexander rocketed towards the shadow, sword ready. He slash off one of the shadow's limbs. "Yes!" exclaimed Henry. The shadow screamed in pain. It lunged at Alexander. "Alexander,get out from there!" It was too late. Three of the shadow's claw embeded themselves at Alexander's body and ripped his armor. He screamed in agony before bursting into thousands of blue shards.

Henry clutches his head in pain. "Henry!" Henry fell on to his knees. " Rika please go. It is powerful." "But you are injured!" "Nevermind me. Just GO!" he ordered. "No! I will not leave you here!" The shadow let out a roar. "Rika go! It wants to attack!" "No I won't budge!" Rika took Henry's katana. Shadow readied to attack once again. Rika tighten her grip against the katana.She glanced at Henry who was already unconcious.

Suddenly, A female voice shouted. "Zephyr!" A bang echoes through the corridor. A beautiful female wearing a pink mage robes with four orbs around her rose to the air with Miya who below her. "Miya!" "Rika watch out!" Rika turned around to see the shadow right behind her. "Garu!" a strong wind pushes the shadow back. "Rika are you alright?" asked Miya. "I'm fine but Henry's.. " "He will be alright trust me."

The shadow roared again and dash towards Miya. "Still stubborn are you?" said Miya and summoning Zephyr again. Zephyr fires another
blast of wind at the shadow. The shadow dodged the attack lunges towards Miya. Zepyhr managed to throw back the shadow a second time with Garu to avoid Miya being attacked. "Good Job,Zephyr!"

The shadow regained its balance and started to make weird hand motion. Miya noticed that. "Zephyr! Look out!" Zephyr suddenly becames frozen and burst into thousands of blue shards.Miya screamed in pain. "Rika go,Go and meet Kenta at the end of the hall way!." said Miya before she became unconcious.

The shadow growled. Rika panicked. 'What should I do?What should I do? What should I do!!!' screamed Rika inwardly. Using Henry's Katana, she slips into her Kendo stance. "Stay back! I'm warning you!" The shadow ignores Rika's warning and moves closer and closer towards Rika.

Rika was tensed. She was fighting a creepy shadow that was leeking off strange aura and easily defeated your two best friends. That was not normal right? 'Should I run?' Rika watched as the shadow moves closer to her. 'Or should I fight?'

Her thoughts were cut short when the shadow raised one of it's limbs to attack Rika. Thanks to her kendo training,she immediately blocked the attack. The force of the attack pushed her on her butt. The shadow attacked once again. Rika jumped back. She nearly tripped over something. It was Miya's gun. A gun that you shoots yourself to summon an entity.

Rika hastily picked up the gun. She suddenly felt distressed when she holds the gun. The shadow lunged towards Rika. It managed to make a deep cut at her left arm, making her to let go of the gun. She screamed in pain. She glared at the shadow. Its yellow eyes seems to be enjoying this. She clutches her injured arm. The pain plus the weird aura that makes her head spin was overwhelming.

'I didn't stand a chance againts it' Suddenly,a voice spoke.
'If you couldn't stand a chance,then run'
'No, I can't.Then Miya and Henry could get killed.'
'Just run,they will be fine'
'No! It just too cowardly!'
'Run.Run from your problems.'
'It just...'
'You always runs from your problems right?'
'No,don't remind me of that'
'Run.It is the best option.'
'No...'
'Run,run,run,run'
'STOP IT!'

Rika snapped from her debate with her inner self. 'I won't run.No, not this time...'

Flashback...

A 6 years old Rika has sitting on a swing. "Sato, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Another 6 years old boy grinned. "I will be a policeman to stop bullies and bad guys!"
He looked at her. "Then you can play in the playground without bullies pestering you!"
Rika chuckled. "Well I want to be a....." "A what?" "I never think of it yet.."
The kids bursted into laughter.

Rika's hair was being pulled by a bully. "Hey,stop it! Please!" "Hahaha!! So you think you are so cute are you? Huh? I will wash away your smile little girl!"

"Leave her alone!" Sato stood bravely. "Oh,your boyfriend wants to act hero huh? Well you gonna get it!" The bullies beat up Sato. "Rika run go!" Rika turn her back and run. She ran and ran....Ran away from her problems...

Flashback End

Rika dropped the katana and picked up the gun. The distress feeling came again but it was drown by her determination.' People always protects me.But not this time,I'm stand on my own two feet.' The Shadow stared at Rika,waiting for her next move.Suddenly, another voice spoke in her head. 'Go on.Summon your inner strenght.'

Rika glared intensly at the shadow. Like she is being possessed, she slowly lifted the barrel of the gun at her head.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

How was it? Please comment!!!
© Copyright 2008 Emperknight (nazran123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464670-Imperfect-Arcana-Chapter-2