*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475648-Imperfect-ArcanaChapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1475648
Do you dare to do whatever it takes to unleash your true potential?
Chapter 3: Unleashing Your Inner Strength

My English are not first as it was my second language but I try to be as perfect as possible.

_____________________________________________________________________

The cold barrel of the gun was pointed at her head.

'What am I doing? Am I going to shoot myself?'

'And run away again? No. That is not an option. They need medical attention ! '

The blob-like creature creeps slowly towards Rika. The look at it's yellow eyes seams like it is enjoying itself. Intimidating it's victim till it dies.

Rika took a deep breath.

The whole world suddenly became much slowly. Seconds by agonizing seconds went by as the shadow began to raise it's claw to ripped Rika into pieces.

Rika tensed.

And she gave a sigh of relief.

Per-so-na

She pulled the trigger.

Instantly, hundreds of blue shards exploded from her head and into the air. The shadow was blown back by the force, canceling it's attack.

Her body was surged by immense power. The sensation was incredible. The shards circled around each other. In the midst of the shard, a beautiful red fox with nine tails emerged.

It landed gracefully in front of Rika. It's blood-red fur and tails swayed elegantly. It's fangs and claws was sharp. With a feminine voice it spoke. ' I'm Kyuubi, The nine-tailed fox! '

Rika was awed. That thing came out of her. “Lets go, Rika.” said the persona. Rika grinned. She was starting to feel confident. She dropped the gun and took the katana on the floor.

“ Let's go, Kyuubi!” Rika took a stance. She attacked the creature with the katana. The Shadow creature effortlessly swat the attack away. It's counterattack nearly hitted Rika. 'Can't underestimate this piece of crap. It was pretty strong.'

Kyuubi let a loud howl. Suddenly, a burst of flame exploded from the shadow's location. The creature let out an ear-spliting shierk of agony. It limped on the floor.

'Rika! Fire is it's weakness! Go attack!'

Obeying her persona's orders, she stabbed the creature right in the face. The shadow scream in agony. It trys to clawed Rika. Rika jumped back to avoid the sharp claw.

She turned around to see no one. ' Kyuubi?'
'Summon me again!'

Rika pick up gun using her injured left hand. The loud bang was heard as Kyuubi materialised from the blue shards.

Rika felt a sharp pain at her head. She tried her best to ignore the pain and slipped into a stance.

Kyuubi let out a loud howl again and the fire attack burns the creature. The shadow creature limped signaling Rika to attack. 'Here goes nothing..'

She lifts her katana above her head and strike the shadow. The shadow roared in pain as black liquid flows out from the wound.

'Yes!' Rika slipped to her stance and deliver a horizontal slash at the creature. The creature roared in pain and backed away.

'Did we won,Kyuubi?' Rika contacted her persona. 'Not yet, it is preparing something.'

Kyuubi was right. The abomination wave its hand in a weird motion like it was drawing in the air. Rika realised it was the same motion that...

'Kid, watch out!'

The surrounding temperature dropped to absolute zero. Rika gasped for air as the cold temperature make it difficult for Rika to breath. Her body shivers uncontrollably. She felt like she was incased in a block of ice.

The temperature turns back to normal. Rika fell on her butt,shivering. Her left hand was disabled completely by a frostbite causing the gun to fall. 'Crap..' Rika cursed under her breath.

'Summon me again before it attack again!'

Rika obeyed her persona and took the gun with her good right hand. She tried to stand up but failed due to her body controllable shivering. The shadow began to creep towards Rika.

Still on her butt, she aimed the gun at her head. Just before she pull the trigger, an immense pain hit her in the head. Rika gritted her teeth and pull the trigger.

BANG!!!

The bang startled the creature. Blue shards exploded from Rika's head but Kyuubi was absent.

'What?' As soon as she said it, the pain came again. Rika clutches her head. Her world started spinning. The shadow slams Rika to the wall. Rika was losing conciousness.

'No... I'm not giving up.' she muttered. She tried to move her body but failed. Through her half closed eyes, she saw the creature advancing towards her.

'I'm sorry..' she closed her eyes.

Suddenly, she heard a male's voice. 'Hey, get away from her!'

A bang echoes through her ears and lightning crackles. A great roar was heard before she finally drifted away from her conciousness.
© Copyright 2008 Emperknight (nazran123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475648-Imperfect-ArcanaChapter-3