*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464817-We-are-all-monsters
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1464817
A short, pointless ramble. What more can I say?
Being let down is all part of evolving and strengthening our inner abilities and testing our limits. Mankind is notorious for its deceptive habits but I have come to a point where I have realised this too many times. No matter how much the mind is capable of covering things with a silky aura of well being, this all spirals back to the subject of limits and I have come to learn that I have no sense of limitation. I can be pushed and I can be abused and my mind will never change. It filters everything of meaning and stores them somewhere where they can be brought up in spite or malice, but I can always wear the halo of self justification. I have been told I cannot say that humans are mere creatures of greed and express how much I despise them as I am indeed one, but, you see, I am one of those creatures filled with greed. There is a breaking point in some peoples lives when they realise that all of their dark secrets and admissions are shared with everyone around them. We do not have freedom of speech, that is untrue, but we indeed have freedom of thought. I can content myself with the simple fact that no-one ever knows what I am thinking, and this makes me increasingly suspicious, wary and fascinated by those around me. We are all monsters underneath.
© Copyright 2008 Never Mind The Temper (thetemper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464817-We-are-all-monsters