*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465579-Working-Title
Rated: E · Other · Tragedy · #1465579
This is an intro to a story i am writing. Please leave your feedback.
An old man stands in the forest, looking very worried. He puts his flashlight down and fixes his bowtie. He hears a crackle very close to him. He picks up his flashlight, and shines it into the trees. Standing there is an old woman in a red dress.
         “You scared me” the old man says. “But I am so glad you came”.
         “I remember this place like it was just yesterday” the old woman says. “Do you remember?”
         “I will never forget. Its where we came after prom” The old man replies.
         The old woman smiles. “Are we doing the right thing?”
         “We are doing the right thing Emily. There is no place for us up there. We are better off staying behind. Our years were numbered anyhow”.
         Emily nods her head. “What time is it?”
         The old man glances at his watch. “Two more minutes”.
         Emily looks the old man in the eyes. “Eric, I want you to know that I loved you very, very, very much, and our fifty years of marriage was worth every ounce of effort. You were a great husband, and a great friend”.
         The sky starts to turn red.
         The old woman starts to talk faster. “We raised five children, Eric. They will carry on”. She starts to sob a little.
         Eric holds her gently. They both have tears in their eyes.
         The sky becomes dark red.
         The old couple kiss, as the sky becomes enflamed. The temperature rises higher and higher.
         “I will see you I heaven”, Eric Whispers.
         And the couple start to disintegrate as the great ball of flame nears closer. They hold each other closer as they become little particles in the air. The forest is on fire. The coasts are flooded. The sky is no more. Earth is a memory.
© Copyright 2008 Brian Hansen (1mmbop at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465579-Working-Title