*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465970-Half-Moon
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #1465970
Thoughts Of love and finding love
Half Moon

A half moon hung over the lake tonight, a mirrored reflection of moon and sun at sunset.To see the sun and the moon in the same sky was magical.

Mesmerized by it's presence, I gazed until the sun fell behind the distant hills,my thoughts and disappointments of the day vanishing with it.
There seemed to be a connection,a common ground I could relate to,a place where only I resided with this miracle.

Perhaps in some selfish way,I felt this perfect scene was mine alone.
My imagination ran wild, thoughts of two people drifting in space,but missing each other in the blink of an eye,in the few moments left before darkness.

Once darkness came, we continued our search for each other in vain. Yearning for the one love that would be our last, the one that would erase our bitter past..

Sitting here in my lawn chair, looking up at the stars,sent me floating above in a blue abyss.
Wishing and hoping our words would rhyme, like the lyric in a romantic song. So alike, as if we were one, but we dared not ask the reason why.

                  As the half moon rises in a twilight sky
                  I sit here wondering where you are       

                  Do you see the same moon as I?
                  If so, come share it with me, before it's gone…..

                  And find me before this lifetime ends…

Signed: Longing and searching for that special one.




© Copyright 2008 ~Windsong~ (windsongcastle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465970-Half-Moon