*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465998-Hello
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1465998
Just trying to say hello.
After two years, three weeks, two days and a few unspecified hours that he hadn't written anything he finally got himself seated at the family computer and laid his fingers on the holy keys.

"Welcome back friend".

"Its nice to be back", he replied, trying to figure out exactly what he was back to. Then he remembered, back to the world that is beyond the life he's locked up in. A world which he occasionally creates on paper or hard disk, when he has time that is. Back to the world he's bought the rights to with sheer will power and ...

OK maybe not exactly power of the will but at least a lot of sheer will is better than nothing, isn't it? Anyway this is his world created by him and for him now isn't that nice? A world hidden neatly in the back of his mind, and in the back of the bottom drawer of his desk, and in his computer closely guarded by four different passwords.

"Say again"

"A world hidden away".

"Then that's a dead world you are hanging from, You know that".

"Yes I know" he replied realizing that as long as this world stays down deep in his soul there will never be any life to this world. He needs to bring his world out into the open for all to see and then...

"Thanks", he states to the screen full of plans and dreams of changing the face of mankind, literary fame, economic fortune and all that kind of bull. I'll sit down at my computer and turn out the stuff of greatness. I will make my mark on the world, the real one that is. Immortality is just around the PC corner waiting for me to come pick it up... God!!! Pick up the kids...I forgot...

My wife will kill me...

© Copyright 2008 Cartesian (cartesian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465998-Hello