*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467410-Archangel-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1467410
Please note, that this is my first work. Enjoy the first real chapter of AA!
"Unforeseen Confidence"

The little town was as peaceful as always. You could see mountains and forests all around, and only one road leading to the chaos of the capital city.
"James, you gonna be late for school" shouted a young looking woman in front of the house.
"Okay, okay I get it." answered back James. He couldn't get sleep, since he discovered the strange rune-like symbol on the wall of that ruin, but he didn't have the time to think of it right now. Maybe it's nothing interesting, it's just some old ruin, he thought. As he rushed out of the house, a young voice shouted behind.
"Hey James! I'm coming along." said the boy after getting James' attention.
"Hurry up Kev, or I leave you behind."
Regardless of how unimportant that rune was, James couldn't stop thinking about what is it. After seeing the rune, his whole existence felt extremely out of place. Come to think of it, I always thought that somethings not right with my life, but I really didn't pay attention to it up until now. To be exact, I tried to deny it, I tried to deny my true nature, my reality. It's like nothing is really mine here, my home, my family, my friends. I must...something got him out of his thoughts. Two tall criminal-looking men stand above them.
"So this is the 'evil root'? It's just a brat, I don't know what the boss is thinking."
"One way or another, let's just finish him, no one will care even if it's not the 'root'" suggested the other man.
Who the hell are these? What are they talking about?
"EVIL ROOT MY ASS, who the hell do you think you are?!" asked Kev with an extremely angry face, showing his fist to them.
"Since this is the end for you, you don't really have to know." answered the man, looking down on the boys. They are not joking, James thought.
He was extremely frightened, but he forced himself as he seen an opportunity in this seemingly hopeless situation. But this is my chance, he thought. Now I can find out who I really am, I must not die!
In that exact moment he changed to a confident pose, and faced his enemies in an extremely calm manner. What is he up to? thought Kevin.
"Fear no more, Kevin. It was our victory from the beginning." spoke James in the calmest voice possible.

-----------------------------------
Who are these people, and what is the 'evil root'?
Will James' get out of this alive?

Find out in the next chapter of Archangel!
© Copyright 2008 B.Z.Zsombor (shadowclint at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467410-Archangel-Chapter-1