*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468219-Just-Look-at-You
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1468219
Dialog 500 Entry - “Dialog between You and Your Reflection”
Dialog 500 Entry

Prompt - “Dialog between You and Your Reflection”



“Just look at you!  What a mess!”

Just look at that listless, drab, gray-streaked hair.  Streaked?  Who am I trying to kid here?  Those ‘streaks’ are overlapping and running all over each other!

And those satchels under your eyes!  God, they looked like they’re packed for at least an overnighter, if not a whole week!  Crepe-like skin and wrinkles all around shrunken lips; what happened to that pert bow that used to enhance your pearly whites?

But that’s not even the worst of it!  Sagging jowls, flabby arms and when did those perky breasts become pendulums?  Oh well, it’s just sags and bags all over.  No wonder I avoid every mirror that I can!


“What happened to that ravishing beauty that used to smile back at me?”

When did that silky, shining head of hair become this pile of straw?  Where did all of these wrinkles come from?  What happened to that lithe body that always drew catcalls and wolf whistles when I strode down the street on long, shapely legs?  How long has it been since that has happened?  I’d hate to even try to remember.

“Oh well, you’ve earned every gray hair and wrinkle.”

The body can’t stay young forever; sooner or later everything deteriorates. That’s just the way life goes.  Nothing ever stays the same.  Everything is always changing.

But wait!  When you smiled at me just then, I see it still!  There!  In your eyes is the same lively sparkle that has always been there.  That hasn’t changed or disappeared.  The life is still showing there, so we’ll just have to live with all the rest of it! 

What the Hell!  It’s lights out on you, you old hag!


Words:  286
© Copyright 2008 Jaye P. Marshall (jayepmarshall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468219-Just-Look-at-You