*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468710-The-Key-to-Me
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #1468710
The Key to Me
If I gave my all, it would guarantee the day I fall, through these words, I reveal  my thoughts on a scale that's small, for many a time I've stood high and began to fall, simply because...I gave my all.

To let you in can cause me pain, yet my emotions I can't refrain, with everything to lose and uncertain of what's to gain, I vowed never to love, yet it would seem as though cupid's arrow has struck again, I still fear in the end I am yet again the one to blame, for you have done the impossible, lit the flame, I still fear this will end the same.

I feel my heart was frozen, never again to be open, thus never again to be broken, if this is true, why  when I'm with you, the butterflies I get make my chest so swollen, could it be, again my heart has chosen, I fear it is that, that you have stolen, my very substance, the reason my emotions go beyond controlling.

Could it be the ice has melted, it has been ..some time since I felt this, an unconditional love that destroys all that is selfish.

I have learned to control all I see, never in my wildest dreams, I'd believe I could ever manifest a key, one that opens a door to a world that is me.
© Copyright 2008 anthonydavidNY420 (chambaz13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468710-The-Key-to-Me