*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468713-You-Are-My-Seed
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1468713
You Are My Seed
You are my seed, the day you were born, you became my creed, became my greed, a desire everyday I feed, fight until I die, until my veins start to bleed, I'm your father, a soldier against anybody I'll defeat, you make me complete, without you I'd die, you make me believe, gave me a cure for hatred, my disease, taught me in life to take what ever it is I need, what's rightfully mine, is mine, its why I write this rhyme for the world to see, everyday I live is struggle in this life that's mine, through my eyes you'll see.

Obligated for life, I tolerated your mom, even wanted to make her my wife, anything I've ever done, everything she did was done out of spite, cheated, and it was claimed a girls night, everyday was a fight, I tried every second of every minute to hide it from your sight, it went too far, further than I'd ever liked, still I tried, thinking she would see the light, I love this girl, in my heart it what I felt was right, the cards are dealt, I swear I fought with all my might, the day she threw me out, on 4th of July, I was strong, but inside, I just knew I was right.

Still I tried, switched roles, stayed home, just to be by your side, it was then I realized, it was you I needed by my side, as little as you were, the love you give is my guide, the reason I strive, the reason I make decisions, the code I abide, a blessing of blessings in my life,  you are my daughter my little blessing in disguise, at the time, I had no clue what to do, I wanted to run and hide,  the moment I first held you in my arms, I cried, it was real, in my arms I held you, my child, I remember the day you almost died, you were playing with my shirt from behind, I was stupid to let it hang, you slipped, hit your head, in that moment it was like your mind and body struggled to survive.

Everyone rushed to take you from arms, it was then you needed me most, I vowed to never allow you harm, you were gone, your body went limp, your nerves were twitching, Candace you were dead in my arms,

Hysteria, I maintained, all I did was call your name, and like that you snapped back, the fireman heard you cry, everyone thanked God with tears in their eyes, I still dazed wanted to hold you keep you safe, at the hospital, I broke, tears all over my face, I couldn't stay strong, I went outside, couldn't let you see me weak, when I spoke anyone could hear emotion in my speech, a new path I seek, just you and me, from that day forward, your love I keep, until my heart stops to beat, I'll keep letting the world know what you mean to me…You are my seed
© Copyright 2008 anthonydavidNY420 (chambaz13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468713-You-Are-My-Seed