*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469359-Lament-of-the-Dying-Sun
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1469359
This is a poem about life and death metaphorically speaking.
Lament of the Dying Sun


It is time again for me to creep behind those shadowed hills, bringing night to this solemn world. But don't lose faith, for again I will come, to shine light upon your day.

I may be gone for now, my beloved friends, but don't cry, don't fret, for I am still with you. Tomorrow will be another day filled with light and life, and I hope you shall all dance and play.

Dance in the meadows, along the murmuring brook, and sing the songs of my memory.

Play in the forests, or enjoy a book, just don't stop living because of me.

I may be gone, but I'm still next to you, comforting you with the warmth my spirit brings.

One day we'll be united again, and we'll pick off if we hadn't missed anything.

We'll talk about how your life had gone, the good times and the bad.

We'll joke about loves long gone, and the times of happiness we together had.

So pick yourself up my beloved friends, wipe those tears dry, for this isn't the end. Just the beginning of another chapter in our lives, but I'll be waiting oh so patiently, for that day together we shall be, reunited on the other side. So for now, be happy, not sad, and remember the good times we had. Because I am not truly gone, my spirit resides inside your memories
© Copyright 2008 Titus Crow (manadethen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469359-Lament-of-the-Dying-Sun