*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1470104-The-Dark-Gift
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1470104
This is a part of my book. And entangled in it are parts of my life.
I woke up in a room that is so dark it consumes me. And the bitter cold cuts through me like a knife to the heart. I stumble around the room franticly feeling for a door, window or something. But there is nothing, just brick walls and a dirt floor. Panic consumes me. I let out a scream for help.... but all my screams came echoing back. I fell back against the wall and sank down and sob in to my knees.  What the hell happened? how did I do to get here?

  I searched my mind to try and remember anything that would give me a clue. The first thing that came flooding back to me is my childhood. My family and the love we shared. I remember Dairus, the first time we meet.....

It must have been getting late. I was tired. Maybe I will enjoy some night air before I go down to my room. I walked to the end of the boat and looked around to see if I was alone, to just enjoy the moment of the feeling of being free. It was so dark only the light was coming from the dining hall but it was consumed by the darkness that surrounded it. It was still warm with just a gentel breeze. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath as if I were breathing in the night itself, letting the peace and stillness flow through me like the blood in my veins.... Fear struck me as I suddenly realized that I was not alone. I felt it shoot thru every inch of my body. My stomach clenched and tightened, my heart began to race. I heard a low deep voice whisper in my ear. "You shouldn’t be out here alone". I turned around as quickly as I could to see who it was. It was the tall stranger coming out of the shadow. As my eyes strained to make out his face. The moon light dimly lit the shape of his body and then the features of his face.... "Oh I thought I was alone I said quickly".... "Sorry for startling you he said" as he gave a half bow "my name is Dairus" .... "Nice to meet you I am Keria" I replied. "I should get to bed it's very late it was nice to meet you Dairus have a good night". I said. I just wanted to get away from him i could sence something dark and different in him.
© Copyright 2008 angelina79 (angelina79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1470104-The-Dark-Gift