*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471066-My-Darkest-Hour
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1471066
Life's little twist's
My Darkest Hour

As I stand on the railing of my balcony I close my eyes I search for the peace I need in the stillness of the night. I wonder if it will ever come, I fear not. It hasn’t come so far in my life, why would it now? Why do I hope for things that I know will never come?

Freedom was all I wanted. I search for it to no reprieve. What does one do when god himself has turned his back on you? Nothing I am forced to live my days out in agony. And on this night I was ready to end all of my tormented days.

I stepped off the edge. As I was falling, I felt a glimmer of freedom in my heart. It brought a smile to my face. And for a moment it warmed my soul. Just as I thought it was over I was caught. Now I’m soaring towards the sky.

He came to me cold and caring, and with a promise that I would never the emptiness overwhelming me to no end. The thought was relief to me, Freedom from all my worries, Freedom from all the pain and sadness that burdens me. I felt his kiss as he sank deeply in to me. I felt my life slipping away.

He laid me on the ground as my body contracted and contorted. The pain was excruciating, it ripped my mind apart. Just as the pain started it was over. I laid for a moment as my eyes adjusted to their new life. After a few moments I could life… life in everything around me. I was astonished at everything.

Am I dead? Is this my hell? I thought to myself. A sinister laugh brought me out of my deep though. I studied the ominous man that was now in front of me. He was beautiful. A picture of perfection, his hair was long and dark the gentle breeze gave it a semblance of life. His eyes were deep blue. His face was expressionless. His build was that of an ancient warrior.

“Ok stop you are making me sick with your thoughts.” he said. “What?” ”How do you know…““just stop” he interrupted. I felt my anger welling up in me. Who do you think you are talking to me that way? I want answer from you… now.

“I am Dimitri.” It was simply stated. “Come with me” he said as he dissolved away. I shouted “how am I sopose to go with you when you just disappear…” he reappeared in front of me and gave a sigh. He grabbed my hand and the next thing I knew we were in a room.

The room was something out of a dream. The furniture was antique the floor was stone; it looked like a room in an old castle. “Wow that was different my stomach is a bit unsettled.” I said in hopes that Dimitri would say something. “Don’t worry you will get use to it” he said with a smug smile.

“What do you want with me” I asked with as much attuide as I could. “I want you. “ Dimirti said. “No you don’t. No one wants me around.” I said as I dropped my head to hide my shame.

“Listen to me I want you always I heard your hearts cry and had to come. We have an eternity to spend together let’s start now. Whatever happened in the past leave it there, you have a new life a new start lets make the most of it.” He said as he held me close.

I closed my eyes I gave myself up to Dimitri.I let him sink deep in my soul where he would stay forever.
© Copyright 2008 angelina79 (angelina79 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471066-My-Darkest-Hour