*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471495-A-ceiling-fan-on-or-off
by deeps
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1471495
I have written this story for "Point of View contest"
Hi my name is “Crompton”. Today I like to share my first day at work.

I had a hard time when they nailed me to the wall, it was a painful moment, some scratches are still there on my wings, but they don’t hurt me anymore. I could see the entire world from the top, there was a little girl standing down, looking at me with surprise, her father had installed me.
He picked up the girl in his arms and took her near the switch; her small fingers pushed a button inside. In a second an electric spark passed through my spine, I started shivering, and my wings slowly started moving in rotation. Felt as if I will loose control and fall down, but I didn’t. I looked down, everything had faded, I could see no one, all the colors in the room had mixed into one another forming a beautiful and circular rainbow. I was scare and amaze at the same time. I had never felt so free and so complete before, everything was so cool and calm around. It was peaceful feeling.

Suddenly my speed started reducing and I came to halt, slowly everything got clear, I could see the little girl again, she had beautiful smile on her face, I think she felt the same way I felt, though I am not exactly sure. But that day I got a meaning to my life, a motive to live. I had the ability to spread smile on everyone’s face, I could make everyone happy.
After that day I have been in ON as well as OFF states many times. I saw the sorrows, pain, fights, and happiness of this world from the top view all this years.

I know I am old now. I know they are going to replace me; a new member called “AC” is going to come instead of me. They say he is really very efficient, but nor does he hang from the ceiling neither he spins. God knows how is going to work.

And may be I have to be in OFF state for rest of my life.
But still the first day of my work will always be fresh and live in my heart.
© Copyright 2008 deeps (sdeepti at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471495-A-ceiling-fan-on-or-off