*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472333-Big-Red
Rated: · Poetry · Experience · #1472333
This one is is a tribute of to a wonderful lady
A Tribute To Big Red


She was round and short and had a laugh that brought a smile to your face.
There was a gleam in her eyes that told you that there was more to her than met the eye.

She was a time that no longer existed filled with a sadness and joy that you couldn't resist. She was the life that time kept passing by and she was laughter unbound. She was sausages and peppers smelling up the kitchen.

She was Vodka, Rum, and cranberry juice and there might have been something else in that Dora Drink. But most could not handle it anyway.

She was loud laughter filling the air, Pushing out the sadness erasing the frustration and depression that sometime came in the house.

When she got in the door, her legs now tired from the days work. She was always greeted with smiles, jokes and happiness. One of the guys would always get her bags and carry them up the stairs for her.

You see she was the Mom for some who had long lost their or just lost their way from theirs, She was an aunt, and to me a sister and a friend.

She was a hard working lady still doing days work, still had her ladies that she worked for. Children that where not hers, but who she had cared and nurtured until they where grown and now where having their own.

She was memories wrapped up in the pain of a parent that never loved her or even wanted her.
She was memories that she didn't like to recall or really even speak about.
She was memories of celebrities she had met here and there and the pictures to prove it.
She was a time of fun, and smiles in a place where smiles and fun are not always the norm. She was sharing in a place where sharing was always done. She was giving in a place where giving was a weakness.

She loved to cook for others, to make large meals that filled the heart and the soul of all those who where there.
She had a favorite place where she was always favored and loved.
She was a bright red haired of a lady that enjoyed everyday.
She looked out for those who couldn't always look out for themselves, even when they took advantage of her kindness.

And no matter what they said about her, they loved her .

I remember her once liking this gentleman, he was sunshine and orange juice to her. Like a child at Christmas she’d light up just for him.

And when he went away, well, she hide the hurt inside with all the other years of disappointments that had come and gone.

She never spoke of him again and accepted it as if it was just apart of life's whims. She was something this lady.

She worked long hours from time to time cleaning and caring for other folks homes. Not that she mind, some she loved as if they where her own private family. Some she couldn't stand but it was a understanding between them and her just the same.

The friends she adopted along the way, me being one of them, enjoyed her company. Loved her spirit and just felt good being around Big Red.

She had a good listening ear, and what she heard, she held. Except about some of those folks she worked for. She told me about them.

Well I know they miss her as much as me. For there could only be one of her.


She wasn't much of a church going woman, but she was more of a Christian than some who go to church regularly.

And this is just my way of remembering Big Red.
© Copyright 2008 OspreySpirit (msospreywoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472333-Big-Red