*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473004-Where-To-Now
Rated: · Poetry · Personal · #1473004
Begining again at a new age. re-entering new worlds with different eyes.
Where To Now?

I am at the crossroads in my life once again.
I stand here looking both way, not sure which way to go.

My eyes are filled with rivers of now and yesteryears, that flow in and out of my memories.

They call to me and rush down my cheeks swiftly.

And I can not not stop the flooding and I am over taken by the rushing waters.

And my feet stand still and do not move.

Once again the voice call out to me saying "Where to Now", "Where to now", "Where to Now" "What Now , What Now"

Where are you going, Where are you going, Where are you going?

And my feet stand still.

I stand at the crossroads of two paths before me.

My heart leaps forward and my thoughts run backwards.

I feel the breeze of new beginings on my face and yet I
am torn by the winds of yesterday's shadows.

And I sob, I sob for the confusion and I sob for the yesterdays, and I sob for the today and I sob for the new roads ahead of me.

And my feet still stand still.

There are people passing on this road, some go down one way and some go up the other way.

And my feet stand still.

I look at them and I speak with them and they say words that
inspire my soul , and encourage my heart, and quench my thrist with drinks of hopes and prayers.

And still my feet stand still.

And the voice says in the stillnes of my stillness, "It is Time", it is time "

And my feet move forward.

by Ira B. Hardy
© Copyright 2008 OspreySpirit (msospreywoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473004-Where-To-Now