*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473597-Not-All-ANBU-Like-Their-Jobs
by Hsnead
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1473597
A quick snap-shot at the life a an ANBU member who never wanted the job.
Hi, my name's Heaven Minizuki and I'm an assian for ANBU. What we do is nothing compared to what other ninjas do. Our job is to dirty our hands with the things that other ninja don't want to dirty there hands with. I never wanted this job in honest truth and I knew I couldn't stand the pressure of this job. The only reason why I'm in here is because they started drafting people into ANBU. I happened to be a talented Chuunin at the time and was top in my class, so they thought, 'Hey, Heaven looks good, let's draft her against her will!' I can't stand killing other people especially innocent people such as childern. One time I had no chocie but to kill my youngest brother.

I really didn't understand what I'm suppose to do in the first place other then killing people. There was another time where I dissed on a mission and my team captain yelled at me for leaving. He said, "It's our job and if we don't do it, who will?" I always figured he hated me and his display of yelling didn't change my opinion. Everytime I kill someone I visit the memorial stone and pay my respects to the dead. Sometimes I wonder why I exsist on this very planet. Many times I tried taking my life and failed to do so several times. I do the most damage to my opponets and to myself. The more I kill, the deeper I cut.

When you're in ANBU all that kitty stuff is over and the real trial starts. I've seen several people die of wounds, commit suicide, lose their minds, all of it. I'm sick of this and I want out now. I thought ANBU was opptional not forced. I guess I was wrong about that, huh? Enough of this sappy stuff, let me tell you a mission that is forever imprinted in my mind. Mind you, this mission isn't a pretty one with a good outcome. Stop listening now if you don't want to hear.

The mission starts with a breifing in a meeting from the Hokage.

"Alright, this guy has caused several deaths among our people. We must kill him at any costs. Becareful, he's known to use dark methods of killing techniques. If you're caught in his Genjutsu, you're dead. He's a very talented swordsman. Don't let your guard down, got it? Are there any questions?" The Third said looking among us. I raise my hand and wait to be called on. "Yes?"

"Say we don't make it out alive... what will happen then? I mean, sure we're quite talented, but in reality, we don't stand a chance. What point is there to this retarded mission?

"Are you trying to send more people out to die or is that just your way of saying, 'Oh... they'll be alright. What are a few deaths going to cause? Perhaps hurt families, but in the end the ANBU will die proudly serving our village. Good luck, I pray for your saftey... not.' Is that your true opinion?" I ask keeping my anger in check. My captain sent a cold death glare at me and I ignore this. I've cause a big upset and the Hokage raises his hand to silence us.

"Any more questions... ah, yes, what is it?" It was my captain and apparently he was going to say something about my social ineptitude.

"I'm sorry, Lord Hokage, but she's known to say things like that. Please forgive her ignorance. I'll take the responsibility for not keeping one the four people on my team in check. I assure you she'll be punished for speaking such things." He says and bows respectively.

I only sink low into my chair and have a look of anger on my face. If he wasn't my captain, I'd kill him right here and right now. I take it he noticed my slouching because he sent a dark glare at me. I look into his cold eyes with hurt and betrayal. If looks could kill, I'd be dead a thousand time over by now. Wow, everyone hates me, I guess suicide is the best choice for me.

Once the meeting was over I reported to my team's metting place and I was the first one there. So, I pulled a kunai from my pouch and laid the blade on my wrist and made one shallow cut and then I take the kunai knife and aimed it straight at my heart. Before I even get the chance to commit suicide, someone grabs me from behind and pins me to a tree with my hands pinned behind my back.

"Are you determined to make me think you're insane and mentally unstable?" The question was stated with a calm, sarcastic voice.

"That was my inital goal, yes. Why do you care, I thought you hated me?" I asked with the same tone of voice he used.

"I care because it's my job as captain of this team to protect everyone in the team. If I was let you commit suicide, that would ruin my job, wouldn't it?"

"Does it look like I care about your job? It's my choice whether or not I commit suicide. You don't have any say in the matter at all." I tell him and try to jerk out of his grip, but he puts more force against me and restrains me. "Damn it, let me go you bastard. I don't like to be handled as a foe, idoit." I say with no type of anger in my voice and he only chuckles.

"I'm suprised at how little respect you have. How did you ever make it to Genin?" He asked and I felt him bound my wrists.

"Does it matter as to how I made it to Genin?" I asked and he pulled me away from the tree and placed me beside him holding my right elbow.

"No, hand me your- never mind I think I'll take them myself and keep them out of the reach of you." He said smugly and did just that. Disarmed and in an annoyed state of mind, I stop talking to him and he only chuckles.

"Smug Bastard." I said and I felt a quick jerk that landed me on my stomache and I felt a weight on my back. I squirm a little trying to knock him off, but he gets off and jerks me back up.

"I suggest you learn how to respect you're superiors, Heaven. Who knows, it may cost you your life one day." He says and nothing more is said as the rest of the team show up and the captain has a look on his face that says, 'Don't ask if you enjoy your life.'

The mission starts and my mind focuses and unfocuses the environment around me. Suddenly we come an abrupt halt and I stumble and land flat on my ass. Just as I'm about to say some colorful words to our captain, a kunai lands just one inch from my left foot.
© Copyright 2008 Hsnead (darkraven31 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473597-Not-All-ANBU-Like-Their-Jobs