*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473772-Samuel-and-the-Wishing-Well
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1473772
A small town, a secret pact and a young man with a taste for adventure.
This story is currently a work in progress.

Here you will find a compilation of abstract ideas and dialogue intended for later consideration when the story is pulled together.

Thank you in advance for your comments, suggestions and reviews!

Setting

  Hidden deep within the seemingly endless wheat fields of old Nebraska stood the small town of Storia. It's criss-crossed streets were riddled with tumble weed and dying foliage, left behind by a brief rain that had fallen some days before. The ranges to the east were scattered with trees and occasional wild flowers that grew in stark contrast to the barren and somewhat pastel town-scape. Several rows of hardwood cabins ran parallel to the city walls on either side of town. The market place lined the street between the cabins and an old wishing well stood at the very center.

----- Chapter 1

The morning sun rose steadily over the mountain tops, filling the Autumn leaves with color and consuming Storia in a fiery shadow of ruby and topaz. The rusty old church bell rings dull and monotone as the sunlight creeps across town, through Samuel's window and, as it does every Sunday morning, awakes him entirely too early.
© Copyright 2008 Apriori Adlucem (dufoe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473772-Samuel-and-the-Wishing-Well