*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474618-Imagining
by G-hund
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1474618
I don't really know. Just a wish? x
Imagining

I sit here, in my tree, and imagine, dream, of things I know I cannot have…
I imagine that the branches below me do not exist, that I’m floating, careless on the breeze. That the wind blowing around me is carrying me along, as I soar from one current of air to another.
I imagine that the wood under me is the wood from an old ship’s mast and that I’m standing grasping it as we sail along through the ocean. The sea air whips me around the face and makes my eyes sting.
I imagine that I’m sitting on the back of a black stallion as he races along on the wings of the wind. I am so deep in my dreams that I feel if I look behind me I’ll see my pursuers chasing us as my horse and I race into the night.
I imagine that I’m standing on a rope bridge crossing a wide canyon as the wind blows softly. I do not know what lies on the other side, I am a fearless explorer and I refuse to turn back now.
I imagine that I’m in a carriage, in a wedding gown stained with blood, nest to the man I love, fleeing a wedding that would have gained me a fortune, and a life of misery.
I imagine that if I reach out I could grasp a star and with a little help from the summer breeze, I could climb up, up, up into the heavens, and perch there, a glowing human star.
Opening my eyes, I see that night has fallen. The stars are radiant in their deep, dark blanket. I shut my eyes again and hoping, wishing, praying, imagining, I reach out my hand to grasp hold of my star…
© Copyright 2008 G-hund (g-hund at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474618-Imagining