*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1476617-Lion-Attack
by G-hund
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1476617
english assignment. :) x
Lion Attack!

      All was still on the African savannah. The sun was nearly up and the world was light. The few plants were covered in morning dew. A herd of gazelles were grazing on the long, golden grass. Nothing made a sound except for some birds, cawing in the distance. One of the gazelles was limping. Everything looked sleepy. There was no wind blowing, not a blade of grass moved. Then some blades began to rustle. The heard was suddenly on the alert. Slowly, one by one, they relaxed and the grass moved again, but this time silently. It was a young lioness, out on her own.
      She slowly, paw by paw, neared the gazelles. She could see every movement they made. The young lioness noticed the weak gazelle and it seemed that she had found her target. She watched it for a while, content. The, slowly, she crouched, ready to spring. She pounced! The heard of gazelle scattered. The lioness immediately went for the limping gazelle. She leapt… and missed! Still determined, she began to run again and this time when she leapt she did not miss. Going for the throat, the gazelle was soon dead.
      The lioness began to drag away her meal.
      And the world returned to it’s sleepy existence.
© Copyright 2008 G-hund (g-hund at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1476617-Lion-Attack