*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475675-Vampires-Anonamous-prologue
by Sarah
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1475675
Alex didn't like doing this, but his story had to be told. He had to get help.
Alex knew as soon as he entered the building that he didn't belong there. It was a small, sqat building in the wrong part of town. The carpet was matted and the wallpaper was torn and stained with the tar and smoke of so many cigarettes. It smelled strongly of urine. He nearly left, but then a flash of her face reminded him that he needed to be here and attend this meeting.
This was a weekly meeting of the group Vampires Anonamous. They worked together with fellow vampires to control the primitive urge to hunt and kill. They got substanance from plasma which blood banks and such sold to the group. They only had a fifty percent sucess rate, but Alex knew he had no chance of stopping on his own.
Most of the people in attendance were the new undead. They just couldn't accept that they were vampires. The thought of being the monsters they once feared repulsed them. Alex had been a vampire for twenty years now, still a youngster among his kind. Still, he had lived for twenty years haunted by her face.
© Copyright 2008 Sarah (donsgirl86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475675-Vampires-Anonamous-prologue