*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478425-Mumblings-of-the-Damned
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Dark · #1478425
What's the point? We all die.
Mumblings of the Damned


How do you think when there are no words to describe how you feel? And how do you feel if you cannot think? What is there to feel in this blankness that could even for a second liberate you from the shackles of your life? Those who feel are in chains, and those free from emotion are free, but only in their living death. So what is there to look forward to in life except death, even though most dread death as the taker of the life they deem so important. They are but the walking dead who do not realize it yet. There is nothing for them. After the entire pageant of the lives they find so meaningful is played out upon our spinning stage, all they get is dead. Their heavy work and shallow joy find end in death. And for what? The hope that some other life exists? I hope not. I’ve been looking forward to death this whole time.
© Copyright 2008 inner war (josh123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478425-Mumblings-of-the-Damned